It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ex SR soon to be GSMR 722
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2000 7:03 am 

I'm thrilled to see that the 722 is almost definitely going to run again. It is almost too good to be true. I'm really glad to see that the Great Smokey Mountains Railroad has almost completed the purchase of her. Seeing her return to steam along with sister 630 in Chattanooga is going to be a great experience for me, considering I never saw either of the two in operation, as I came along in the 611/1218 era of the steam program. Also, we will have Southern steam back on the rails again since 4501 was indefinitely sidelined 2 years ago. So what if the GSMR paints her in their own scheme, you will be able to see 630, which is basically a twin in true Southern colors in Chattanooga. If they convert her to oil, big deal, it is understandable considering the risk of forest fires with the recent drought in the South.Two down, 1 to go for NS steam. But, I don't think we will be seeing 1218 moving any time in the near future, she'll probably continue to collect cobwebs and dust in the East End shops for another 4 years.<br>

Stiggy_26@hotmail.com