It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wanted list, for trade or sale, Questions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:51 pm 

I really like this site and is a daily haunt for me. I know many other people daily frequent here as well.

My question: has it ever been debated about adding a "wanted" or "for trade" section here? I guess I see every now and then that someone will offer that they are going to be pouring bronze or making some sort of common part and invite interested parties to email if interested. Cool. I think those of us that are involved in restorations or maintainence could help each other out if we knew what others were making/looking for. I might have brasses for your box car, you might have a junk compressor that I could use for parts. Often we know where someone or something is and have helped people find what they are looking for. Not sure if I am communicating this well or not, but I hope you get my drift. Kind of like a "wish list". Any thoughts from the folks out here in "E" land. John.

PS I am trying to have another Ebay made here, just another way of maybe working together for a common cause.

Post subject: Railswap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:11 pm 

That exists, to a degree, on Railswap:

http://www.railswap.org/

Chris Allan

Post subject: Re: ARM?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:41 am 

The ARM or Association of Railway Museums does a good job here with their Parts Committee. There is a fixed e mail list which gets info, fields requests submitted by any member organization, and distributes same. I am sure this involves a fair amount of time spent by Mr. Rod Fishburn. Mostly this involves electric railway equipment, not steam or diesels, but could serve as a model or starting point for anyone wanting to expand the concept.

Bob Kutella

Post subject: Re: ARM?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:17 pm 

That topic was covered in some detail a few weeks ago also. At that time, a short list was compiled with addresses of sites.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Post subject: Re: trades / offers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:10 pm 

In recent past, we have seen people who are making washout plugs and Paxton - Mitchell packing segments offer to have more done for others at cost. I don't know if we need a seperate listing for such things, but if there is enough demand, it could be worth considering. Hume has plenty of time now that he hads gotten Wayne Laepple to take over editing my run-on sentences.

dave

Post subject: Re: Wanted list, for trade or sale, Questions
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:23 pm 

In the future you may see just such a forum here on RyPN. Hume has a few things in the works for the site.

Post subject: Re: Wanted list, for trade or sale, Questions
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:43 pm 

I meant to say "I am NOT trying to start another Ebay here". Thanks, John.