It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bevier & Southern
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 1998 8:14 pm 

Can any reader update us on what has happened at the old Bevier & Southern site in Bevier, MO? For those who don't remember, this was a coal-hauling road in NW Missouri which used steam until about 1963, with both its own Moguls and leased CB&Q 2-8-2s. It reportedly ran into the 1980s.<p>When I was there in Jan. 1994, the track had been pulled up, but the old wooden enginehouse was still there, very derelict, and Mogul 112 was deteriorating across from the Post Office. A few detrucked drovers cabooses lay rotting nearby, and one, in pretty good shape still, held the company's records. <p>A postal worker there told me that there was talk of reopening the nearby coal mines and that BN might re-lay track on the old B&S grade to reach them. Snice then, I've heard rumors that the remains of the enginehouse might be dismantled and re-erected in Iowa, and also that a local group hoped to save it on-site. <p>Can anyone update us on this? <br>

ryarger@together.net

Post subject: Re: Bevier & Southern
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 1998 9:38 pm 

Wes Barris and myself still have B&S 112 listed at the Post Office in Bevier. However, I have been there myself to confirm this.<p>-James

Surviving World Steam Locomotives
james1@pernet.net

Post subject: Let try this again....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 1998 9:40 pm 

...I have NOT been there to confirm this myself. Sorry about that.<p>-James

Surviving World Steam Locomotives for Windows
james1@pernet.net