It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GG1 vs Little Joe
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 1998 3:33 pm 

Before the crash there was a discussion about whether the GG1 was larger than the Little Joe. Below is some information I got off the IRM website:<p>GG1<br>Year Built: 1942<br>Length: 79ft 6in<br>Width: 10ft 8in<br>Height: 15ft 2in<br>Weight: 480000 lbs<p>Little Joe<br>Length: 88ft 10in<br>Width: 10ft 7in<br>Height: 15ft<br>Weight: 545600 lbs<p>Also, besides at IRM, does anyone else know where any other Little Joes are at?<br><br>

davelecount@juno.com

Post subject: Re: GG1 vs Little Joe
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 1998 5:26 am 

CSS&SB 802, formerly at the B&O Museum, is on indefinite loan to the Lake Shore Railway Historical Museum, Wall St. & Robison St, North East PA. <br>

eledbetter@mindq.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 1998 2:10 pm 

There is a Milwaukee Little Joe E-70 on display at<br>Deer Lodge, Montana, a former division point for the Milwaukee. <br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 1998 5:58 pm 

The Little Joe while larger, heavier and more powerful, could not match the speed, longevity, popularity and overall mystique of the GG1.<p><br><br>

milw97a@aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 1998 12:15 am 

Just got my copy of the September 1999 Trains magazine yesterday: the GE special issue. I noted with amusement that in the Preservation Points column, they attempt to tally (among other things) the surviving Little Joes, and came up with exactly the same three we did here.<br>

eledbetter@rypn.org