It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Railroad preservation
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 1998 2:26 am 

Dear fellow Railroad enthusiasts,<p>A 111 year old shortline railroad by the name of Yreka Western Railroad, located in Siskiyou County, California is in immediate danger of being abandoned.<p>I am a member of a group of citizens who have come together in effort to save the YWRR and the steam excursion train it featured each summer. We need some advice on how we can raise funds to purchase the railroad from it's present owner before it is abandoned and the rail is torn up. Abandonment has been approved by the federal government. However, there is a temporary stay of that order because one of the mills that the railroad serves wants to continue rail service. We do not know how long the stay will be active, so we need some help with this project ASAP.<br>Please e-mail me with your suggestions, or you may write to: "Save the Blue Goose Committee" P.O. Box 368 Yreka, CA 96097. Telephone Mr. Bob Carlson, (chairman of the committee) at (530) 842-2728, or call me collect at: (530) 468-2099.<br>Thank you for you assistance.<br>Bill Killion<br>

Killion's Corner
bkillion@sisqtel.net