It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Anyone recognize this?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:57 pm 

daylight4449 wrote:
QJdriver wrote:
They outfitted BERTHA with a 3" line from the dome to the cylinders, with a globe valve for a throttle, which the old heads liked for weighing cars. If Sartola is missing the original spool type throttle valve, like BERTHA was, it is a formidable obstacle to restoring her.

So that's what the black iron piping is on the driver's side? That's the feed to the cylinders? Because if that's the case the steam pipe between the dome and cylinders was broken, but the valve on the dome is still there... Just didn't take a good picture of it. At first I thought it could be a blower but dismissed the idea.

The current owners have no interest in selling, or even talking to someone who showed up at the office with cash in hand. Really.

C.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:20 pm 

QJdriver wrote:
This is the most extremely sore subject that could possibly be mentioned to me, but RyPN readers have legitimate reason to want answers:

The two Westfield Porters, Bertha and Rosa, are NOT in Texas, and have not been for some time. I was once their owner, my project was described in January 1997 Modeltec.

I was forced to sell by extremely hostile locals, and will have no further comment on the matter. I do not know the exact location of my equipment now, it went to California. I am not willing to act as a go between for anybody wishing to contact the present owner. So far as I am aware, the comprehensive sugar plantation railroad collection I assembled has been destroyed with no regard for it's historical importance. SOMEBODY PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG.

Sartola was owned by the One Way Fare Restaurant in Simsbury, Ct. Good luck with her.

Mr. Wirth, you are exactly right about having the pops and whistle right next to your head. This is one thing I don't miss about running Rosa.

Sammy, private message sent.

Thanks

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:59 am 

There is an article by Mal Ferrell w/pics about all of the plantation's locomotivesin the May/June 2007 Gazette.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:06 am 

nedsn3 wrote:
. . . in the May/June 2007 Gazette.
The probably is the Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:07 pm 

What else?