It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Help searching for MLW FPA/B-2/4s
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:13 am 

Carroll Cameron wrote:
Hello everyone.
I'm still around and still searching. The only thing new in my life are the 2 hip replacements I got in 2016 and no more pain.

I'm still chasing down the owner of 6767, when it sat on the lawn of a cold storage place in NC and any photos of it being moved in/out of town, and the picture of the FPA still in VIA Rail colours that was sitting on a wharf somewhere with a cruise ship tied up. It could have been there as an excursion train for the ship passengers too. I've contacted a lot of cruise ship companies, some cruise planners and ships passenger forums, asking about the engine, but, no one remembers seeing it.

Well that's it for now. Thought I should check in to let you know I'm still on the hunt.

Take care.
Carroll

Hi Carroll,

I also have been trying to find out who the owner was for 6767 after it was retired from VIA Rail. I contacted the Dunn, NC Historical society to see if anyone there would have any information. Sadly its been a month or so since they last replied to me and they haven't found anything.

Matt

Post subject: Re: Help searching for MLW FPA/B-2/4s
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:22 pm 

Matt.

I contacted the guy that took the photo, the tourism bureau, the library, a former mayor, Nordic - the cold storage company that bought the man's cold storage business where it sat on the lawn (no reply), the company that sold it for the man's estate (no reply), the Dunn newspaper (no reply), two of the top engine restorers - FPA&Bs and they didn't know, and finally addressed the rail fans in NC by posting on this forum.

So far I'm batting 0/9, or maybe 0/49, I don't know.

Carroll