It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Blog site for McKinney Avenue Trolley in Dallas
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:12 pm 

Hey y'all,

We've started a new blog for the McKinney Avenue Trolley here in Dallas. We'll be keeping up with the new expansion and restoration info on this site. I know this may not be the right place to post this, but I'll be adding it to the blog list here in a minute. Enjoy,

http://mckinney-avenue-trolley.tumblr.com/

Mike Sullivan

Post subject: Re: New Blog site for McKinney Avenue Trolley in Dallas
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:24 pm 

Quite appropriate, because McKinney not only has saved several old streetcars, it uses them in a proper urban setting. I haven't been there yet, but it's definitely on my "to do" list. One aspect of McKinney that I found especially appealing was their carbarn cats. Do you still have "furry friends" watching over the barn?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:42 am 

Bob Davis wrote:
Quite appropriate, because McKinney not only has saved several old streetcars, it uses them in a proper urban setting. I haven't been there yet, but it's definitely on my "to do" list. One aspect of McKinney that I found especially appealing was their carbarn cats. Do you still have "furry friends" watching over the barn?

I think they still have one, named Stone. A mechanic that used to work there brought him and his brother, Webster, in after the last cat rescued from one of the carbodies passed away in 2009. Webster disappeared sometime last year, from what I recall.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:46 pm 

Sorry for "digging" this up but I didn't want to waste more internet and create a new thread that didn't need to be created.

And so, I present the blog dedicated to updates of we Volunteers do at McKinney Avenue Trolley. Currently two posts (one of "restoration" and one of operation related stuff) and more to come.

http://m-a-t-a-volunteers.tumblr.com/

PS: After re-reading this, I find it a little funny that the newest blog post is about our little furry friend. Or that could be the sleep exhaustion kicking in. Either way, enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:14 pm 

Nice blog. I'd suggest adding it to the list above.