It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roanoke Transportation Museum pics
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:07 pm 

Hi all ... I'm brand-new to this forum and I'm hoping someone out there can help me out or point me in the direction of someone who can. I'm looking for pictures from the old Roanoke Transportation Museum site in Wasena Park before it relocated to its current location and became the Virginia Museum of Transportation. I'd especially like to find pictures of the N&W 611 and 1218 on display and when they were being removed from the museum to be restored to running condition, but I'm really just looking for any and all pics from the old site that I can find. I've seen a few posts mentioning the old museum site, so I'm hoping someone has pictures from before the flood of 1985 they can share. The museum was around for more than 20 years at the old site, so hopefully there are a good amount of pictures out there.

My mom is from Roanoke (she actually grew up practically across the street from the park and the original museum site) and I fondly remember climbing on virtually all the museum pieces whenever we were in town to visit family.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jamie