|Railway Preservation News
|2013 Edition of the ASME Code
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Paul Boschan [ Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:37 pm ]|
|Post subject:||2013 Edition of the ASME Code|
The 2013 Edition of the ASME Code is now being delivered, my employer received the company’s copies a couple days ago. Section I, Rules for Construction of Power Boilers has changes that will interest some in the locomotive restoration community including:
• A complete revision of Part PR, Requirements for Boilers Fabricated by Riveting
• Revision to paragraph PFT-27.11 and Figure PFT-27 including a clarification of the required distance from the tangent of a knuckle in a crown or side sheet to the first stay in the sheet
• Paragraph PFT-52, which required fusible plugs in the fireboxes of “hand fired” boilers, has been deleted
• Addition of Mandatory Appendix V, Additional Rules for Boilers Fabricated by Riveting which includes rules for riveted boilers that are not of the locomotive type
• Revision of Nonmandatory Appendices A-1 through A-6 which provide examples for calculating the efficiency of different types of rivet joints
• Addition of Nonmandatory Appendix A-75, Computations of Typical Nozzle Fittings Attached by Rivets which includes an example of how to calculate riveted nozzle attachments.
Part PR and Nonmandatory Appendices A-1 through A-6 were last included in the 1971 Edition of Section I. Riveted construction has always been a part of Section I. Code users applying riveted construction to their projects were required to use the rules from the 1971 edition, this is no longer the case.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group