It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: You're No Fun Anymore........
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:31 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
Tomorrow/this Saturday is the First of April.

Accept nothing as honest/truthful on the Internet posted this day, and trust no one completely.

Just like the other 364.25 days in the year.

Attachments:
You're No Fun Anymore.jpg
You're No Fun Anymore.jpg [ 23.17 KiB | Viewed 4146 times ]

Post subject: Re: You're No Fun Anymore........
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:20 am 

THR place where humor comes to die...because people just can't take a joke, lol.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:14 am 

ADMIV - Thanks for posting your annual update on your crucial preservation endeavor. I find your yearly posts to be informative and thought-provoking. Your long-term tireless dedication to this project is an inspiration to us all. Your posts are a consistent and much-needed reminder to anyone reading RYPN of the vitality and importance of rail preservation and our shared industrial heritage. Keep up the good work.

There, you happy?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:22 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
Scranton Yard wrote:
ADMIV - Thanks for posting your annual update on your crucial preservation endeavor. I find your yearly posts to be informative and thought-provoking. Your long-term tireless dedication to this project is an inspiration to us all. Your posts are a consistent and much-needed reminder to anyone reading RYPN of the vitality and importance of rail preservation and our shared industrial heritage. Keep up the good work.

There, you happy?

April Fool, of course.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:23 am 

And I thought this was on the level...

Sammy King

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:10 am 

I don't know whether to be highly proud of the serious-preservationistaster discipline, or appalled at the colossal missed opportunity, represented by the choice of anyone in this thread not to comment on the motive power that the official EBT Facebook page has promised.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:30 am 

If you're referring to the ever-popular Photoshop exploit of turning a 2-8-2 into a 2-8-8-2, That was on a "Fans" page, not the "official EBT" page.

There were several other examples of April Fool's posts done by other outfits, including a "poll" by Arizona's Verde Canyon Railroad to "vote for a new paint scheme" to be applied to their recently-retouched eagle-emblazoned ex-Alaska FP7's--psychedelic lizards, chubby road runner, or cacti...............

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=590 ... 6857875580

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:59 am 

Groups here in the US just don't know HOW to do April Fools the right way. From painting City of Truro in a partially complete BR lined black for a picture, to the M&GN this past April 1st and their Quint-art gag. There's groups over there that go above and beyond a simple photoshop. I'm sorry, but if I'm going to do an April Fools prank AT ALL, I'm going to go all in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:09 pm 

I don't know.

The thing that April Fools Day often demonstrates is that very few people on the internet are as funny or clever as they think they are.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:31 pm 

You've got to be kidding.

Sammy King

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:35 pm 

Ed Kapuscinski wrote:
I don't know.

The thing that April Fools Day often demonstrates is that very few people on the internet are as funny or clever as they think they are.

Nearly as efficiently as it allows individuals to prove themselves humorless, supercilious and/or self-centered.

mld

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:34 pm 

Photoshop can be fun. For Valentine’s Day one year, I changed our GP7u’s color from blue to a nice pastel pink with a red heart on the cab side. Wasn’t overly well received. I’ve considered something similar for a Fools day joke announcing a new grossly garish “paint job” but there are those that wouldn’t see the humor and take whatever I did way too seriously considering it an affront, joke or not. I’d think it’d be humorous to gauge the reactions, though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:53 pm 

jayrod wrote:
Photoshop can be fun. For Valentine’s Day one year, I changed our GP7u’s color from blue to a nice pastel pink with a red heart on the cab side. Wasn’t overly well received. I’ve considered something similar for a Fools day joke announcing a new grossly garish “paint job” but there are those that wouldn’t see the humor and take whatever I did way too seriously considering it an affront, joke or not. I’d think it’d be humorous to gauge the reactions, though.

Your comment tickled some brain cells here, and made me think of a cartoon that may have been in Model Railroader many years back now.

This was in the 1970s, when some paint schemes of questionable taste were around--and some free-lanced model schemes were about as bad.

In this cartoon, one guy is saying to another, "I told him about your new paint scheme, and he turned it."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:10 pm 

Quote:
If you're referring to the ever-popular Photoshop exploit of turning a 2-8-2 into a 2-8-8-2, That was on a "Fans" page, not the "official EBT" page.
You should look more closely. There's humor regarding a certain C&O locomotive going on.

Where was the prospective color scheme that shows the Roadrunner being chased by an Acme'd-up Coyote at high, but about to be intemperate speed. With a slogan derived from, or resembling, one of the awful punning cartoon titles...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:27 pm 

daylight4449 wrote:
Groups here in the US just don't know HOW to do April Fools the right way. From painting City of Truro in a partially complete BR lined black for a picture, to the M&GN this past April 1st and their Quint-art gag. There's groups over there that go above and beyond a simple photoshop. I'm sorry, but if I'm going to do an April Fools prank AT ALL, I'm going to go all in.

Some of these previous April 1st posts here and elsewhere DID "go all in"--so much to the point where undiscerning (I'd say "gullible") people were heavily "taken in" and then complained loudly.

And "This is why we can't have nice things....."