It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WM Diesel 5/20/47
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:17 pm 

The negatives will be going to the MRHL. I've had them for a couple of months and just now got around to scanning them..... never figured there was anything of importance to them, guess I was wrong!

I'll be in touch. I have to fly out of BWI later in January to visit my employer... The folks in Minneapolis like to see my smiling face at least once a year, since they do sent me a paycheck every 2 weeks........

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:13 pm 

Newspaper article from Hagerstown, MD. about the new diesels.

Attachments:
new_diesels02.pdf [822.59 KiB]
Downloaded 333 times

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:35 pm 

140 loaded coal cars = 1125 tons?

8 tons per car

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:57 pm 

Thanks for posting these, great shots!
YeOldeEnjine wrote:
I've been contacted by two different individuals asking to purchase the negative sets. Since I feel they are NOT mine to sell as I'm not the photographer, I have declined the offers... One individual can't seem to take no for an answer.
Funny how that seems to happen, huh?
I had something like this happen recently with a non-RR item I posted online. One guy felt so entitled to it, he actually threatened me with a lawsuit if I didn't sell it to him. I replied, "Bring it on" and suggested what he could do with himself on top of all that. I have no doubt he probably talked with someone on if he had a legal case. I'm sure he was laughed at.
But yeah, there are people who think they already own something and it's just a formality over not having posession of it yet...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:12 pm 

Superheater, I file that along with the attached article that claims... "two units, each of which is 3,000 hp."

Lee; The gentlemen in my case, offered me $20.00 for the negatives. After I refused his offer, he demanded that I pull any post with the negatives displayed.... He claimed he was an expert in all things dealing with the Western Maryland Railway and could prove that my negatives were fakes........ my reply to him was the famous reply "Have a nice day"...

Tim W.

Attachments:
new_diesels01.pdf [82.16 KiB]
Downloaded 314 times

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:22 pm 

YeOldeEnjine wrote:
The gentlemen in my case, offered me $20.00 for the negatives. After I refused his offer, he demanded that I pull any post with the negatives displayed.... He claimed he was an expert in all things dealing with the Western Maryland Railway and could prove that my negatives were fakes........ my reply to him was the famous reply "Have a nice day"...
Tim, you were far more gracious than I would have been. Any reply I had would have likely ended with, "...and the horse you rode in on."
So, this self-appointed expert thinks he has some manner of authority over you to make you remove images from the internet? Man, just when you think you've heard it all, huh?
Good think this oxygen theif didn't find said negatives for sale, he's probably one of those, 'information horder' types who likes to talk about all the neat stuff he has but never lets anyone see it. Probably never kissed a girl in his life, either, but that's another subject...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:50 pm 

YeOldeEnjine wrote:
Lee; The gentlemen in my case, offered me $20.00 for the negatives. After I refused his offer, he demanded that I pull any post with the negatives displayed.... He claimed he was an expert in all things dealing with the Western Maryland Railway and could prove that my negatives were fakes........ my reply to him was the famous reply "Have a nice day"...

Tim W.

Interesting. . .first he offers a nice profit margin of 10 times what you paid (though still a low estimate for what these might bring in other places, maybe. . .), then when you refuse the offer and are willing to send them to a proper archive he demands you pull the posts and claims to be able to prove them as "fake?" If they were "fake," why did he bother with the offer? Wouldn't "fakes" be worthless?

Of course, he probably didn't have an alternative interpretation as to locations and occasions of the photographs. . .some expert, if you ask me.

I hope he's reading this. . .

Quote:
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."--Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am 

To be nice.. all I'll say is I've had dealings with the guy before.

He's Special, mean tongued if he doesn't get his way but still "special" if you catch my drift.

Tim W.