It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GN Business Car #A26
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:17 pm 

This is the 2nd #A26, which at last report was in Portland, OR, stenciled as New Century Rail Transport (NCBX) #826.

This car has been mentioned/discussed several times before, and in one of the threads from several years back, it was posted, although I can't remember by whom, that a new owner had acquired this car and had plans to restore it, but my search attempts to find said thread came up empty. So, if anyone has said information or any newer updates, feel free to post, or send a private message or email. Thanks in advance.

This is the history of this car, as I posted in the thread I was able to find:

GN wood business car #A26 (2nd) (built as 4C sleeper 30 seat buffet lounge observation #9017, Barney & Smith, 3/1911) resheathed with steel 1/1925 as #917 rebuilt 6/1925 to business car #A30 (3rd) renumbered 3/1927 to #A28 (2nd) renumbered 5/1947 to #A26 (2nd) transferred to MofW department 6/1967 as #O3445 to BN sold 11/1984 to Southwest RR Car Parts sold (when??) to Bruce Moore as NRE #A26, restenciled as NCBX #826, moved to Portland for Oregon Pacific RR, which planned to refurbish the car, then burned by vandals in 4/2006, subsequently stored on OPR siding at former Gold Junction (Portland Traction Co.) in Sellwood neighborhood of Portland, sold to a private owner who plans to restore the car. As NCBX #826 in Portland, May 2005: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=994987 (Robert Ulberg photo)

Above history from Ben Ringnalda's website.

Instead, Oregon Pacific RR acquired SP #128 Santa Rosa (nee-EP&SW #500), which is in service as RPCX #415 Niles: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=3908209