It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PCC/El Car Stash in North Carolina? So says Daily Mail.....
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:26 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/artic ... orest.html

This is being passed around on Facebook. I suspect this is the storage line for a bunch of SEPTA equipment (this is a mix of PCCs and former Chicago "El" cars, the latter used for a spell on the Norristown/Phila. & Western/Red Arrow line to replace the "Bullets"), which was actually at Brookville, Pa. speculatively purchased for "heritage rail" rebuild. If it's those cars, they're all scrapped now, I hear.....

I tend not to trust anything the Daily Mail posts, as experience has told me that, like the Metro-North Grand Central spokesman about "FDR's secret train still buried in GCT," they don't like to let facts get in the way of a good story. . .

EDIT: After a little searching, this indeed proves to the be the private stash at Windber, Pa., discussed here in the past: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36601&p=214951

Last edited by Alexander D. Mitchell IV on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: PCC/El Car Stash in North Carolins? So says Daily Mail.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:19 pm 

I would have posted a comment on their article, but that would probably lead to yet another example of their yellow journalism, IE "CRAZED YANK DARES REBUTTAL TO DAILY MAIL ARTICLE , USES REAL FACTS!"

Jeff