It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wilmington & Western Flood Damage
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 1999 2:20 pm 

For those of you who have not yet heard the Wilmington and Western Railroad has suffered major damage due to Hurricane Floyd. Massive funds need to be raised to rebuild the line. If you have not yet seen the damage please check out my website at: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/6484/<p>Now is the time to ask our elected officials to support the rebuilding. Below is a link to all of Delaware's elected officials. Please take the time to write a letter or email to a couple expressing support for rebuilding the Wilmington and Western Railroad. http://www.state.de.us/contacts.htm <p><br>Thanks,<p>Tom Gears<br>

tgears@dca.net

Post subject: Re: Wilmington & Western Flood Damage
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 1999 5:37 am 

How much do you need to cover the insurance deductable? Nice if we knew the target. <p>Dave<br>

lathro19@idt.net

Post subject: Insurance deductible?!?!?!?!?!?!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 1999 2:20 pm 

[Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha......]<p>Sorry. Had to get it out of my system.<p>No insurance was carried on the right-of-way, according to media reports. [You try to get insurance on wooden trestles in a flood-prone creek.] Damage estimates have been quoted as $2.5 to $3 million.<br>

LNER4472@gateway.net

Post subject: Re: Insurance deductible?!?!?!?!?!?!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 1999 4:33 pm 

Well, Alex4, this is why we have insurance - to protect us from losses which would be otherwise catastrophic. And yes, wooden trestles in flood plains can be insured. Just recently finished with one which burned and was replaced in GA. <p>Seems like the cost of insurance needs to be factored into operating plans and budgets like fuel, electricity, toilet paper and compliance with regulations. No successful operation can afford to do without it.<p>Must confess I am less sympathetic now that I know they dug this hole thimselves. <p>Dave <br>

lathro19@idt.net