It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wilmington Museum article
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 1999 4:07 am 

Apparently the Wilmington and Western RR suffered substantial flood damage recently. I hear thridhand without URL that there are some serious images on their web page. <p>I can't believe Erik didn't include a sidebar about Maco Jct. - an old grade at a road crossing east of Wilmington but not far - where the ghost of Conductor Joe Baldwin, who was decapitated in a wreck, still looks for his head carrying his lantern on moonless nights. Many people have seen this phenomon.<p>Dave <br>

lathro19@idt.net

Post subject: Re: Wilmington Museum article
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 1999 5:41 am 

Dave, my man, you've got to keep an eye on those Briefs! See the link below for RyPN's coverage of the W&W, as well as various updates here on the Interchange in threads further down.<p>As for the headless Conductor (back in the other Wilmington, Wilmington NC), well, I'd never heard the story, but I did find plenty of links to it on the web jsut now, for example:<p>http://www.ghosts.org/ghostlights/maco.html<p>Erik Ledbetter<p>

W&W Brief
eledbetter@rypn.org

Post subject: Re: Wilmington Museum article
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 1999 1:24 pm 

Briefs? Naaah.... may be fine up there in the frozen tundra around Baltimore, but boxers are definitely prefible in the south. <p>Dave<br>

lathro19@idt.net