It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Mid-Continent -- Saginaw #2 woes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:25 pm 

Delexrax wrote:
Personally I think that number 4's time has come and gone long ago. I know that we should make amends for actions in the past, but this is even a bit much for me. If I had been screwed over by a museum twice through the first agreement and then another one that came along with a court order, which they attempted to break I would be furious.

I went back and realized I didn't clarify there... If you replace the BOD, the new one needs to make those moves. As far as the current BOD is concerned that time has passed.

Now Larry, as for your point you're right. Mudslinging isn't going to help and it inevitably isn't up to us to replace the BOD. That's up to the museum membership and the organization's bylaws. But the fact is that regardless of every success and achievement at Mid-Continent up until now, all of that will be ignored because of the enormity of the BOD's self-created mess.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:33 pm 

Larry, I couldn't agree more. To disparage any organization publicly in the same field only hurts the industry. The court has spoken. Our collective or individual opinions on this forum will do nothing at this point but only make the industry as a whole look worse. If only more people would take the high road on this forum, we wouldn't have worthless rambling threads about whether or not RYPN's best days are behind her or not.

Rob Gardner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:11 am 

OK, if a deal was struck and 2 stayed and worked..... what does it profit to have 1385 also in service, using up the 15 years, if there's no need for a second operating steam locomotive? If there are management issues involved - and I'm not saying there are, I'm not involved so I'm ignorant of particulars - that would be a compounding of problems rather than a solution. That's in a fictitious universe now in any case.......

I sincerely hope MCRR finds its way through this - they are industry leaders in wooden car work, among other things, and have decades of great work behind them. I also wish Mr. Lichter - whom I never met - the best in putting his locomotive into productive use where it will be well maintained and appreciated.

If the whole story ever comes out, there are no doubt valuable lessons about such things as privately owned equipment or member owned equipment stored or used in service, lease management and security for lessors to assure lessees live up to their commitments through multiple generations of management.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:18 am 

The last few posts hit the nail on the head - it is the membership of Mid-Continent that need to take the action to remove its elected officials - or not. Pressure from local stakeholders, business interests, and/or politicians can move the needle as well.

From what I can tell, the vast majority of membership of MCRM, as well as its neighbors in the community, seem to be fine with what's transpired there for the past 15 years. While that's frustrating, and hard to understand, for outsiders (such as me, and many others in the industry), that's the reality. There's a group I was involved in, of which I disagreed with many business decisions over the past decade. I could go on the warpath, and start a public campaign against them. But, as with MCRM, the membership and the local community don't see anything wrong with what they are doing. So, in the end, what's the point?

Another important point: unless both sides are getting pro-bono legal representation, I would venture to guess legal fees for both sides would total over $50,000+. If this case drags out much longer the lawyers may wind up making all the money, with nothing left for either the museum or #2. Something to consider before getting into a legal mess such as this.

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:24 am 
Site Admin

This thread is violating our standards, making statements with limited facts. People are calling for consequences before having information about what may or may not have happened.

The tread is lockied

Randy Hees

https://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfNevadaSouthernRailway

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2