It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Owen S. Paulsen
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:07 pm 

Today I received a phone call from Owen "Stan" Paulsen's wife. Stan passed away from another stroke in March. Stan had posted from time to time on this board, but sometimes he was pretty hard to understand. He had his first stroke 15 to 20 years ago, and one of its biggest effects was that he had great difficulty speaking or writing. Some of his posts were extremely difficult to understand. He was somewhat of an expert on ALCO diesels, especially the electrical system. His last post here was in March of last year.

Here's the reason his wife called me. It appears that he had ordered some small tools for someone. She doesn't know where to send them, or who he ordered them for. They may have been ordered over a year ago. She isn't even sure what they are. Is there anyone here that had contact with Stan and was expecting something from him? Please let me know, and I'll pass on your contact information to his wife.

Thanks.

Jim Baker

Post subject: Re: Owen S. Paulsen
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:07 pm 

Its a sad day anytime that we lose a member of RYPN. He was a bit difficult to understand, but the questions he asked told that he was deep into doing work on rail equipment on a regular basis.