It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Indiana Transportation Museum Files Lawsuit
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:26 pm 

Cameron Wolk wrote:
AlcoC420 wrote:
Cameron Wolk

There is a video on you tube that surfaced sometime ago. I just looked it up for your viewing pleasure;

Exploring an Abandon Train Graveyard! ( Urban Exploring )
Transportation Museum

The video run 8 to 9 minutes.

View this and then come back and tell all of us, that you really want something like this in your back yard, your neighbor's yard or in some city park that you visit.

Then go to the other topic I posted on the ITM and check out some of the last post.

Go to the city of Noblesville, Indiana web site and look up the cancelled lease with ITM and some of the other links there.

Make sure that you do not miss the part on the waste clean up on the site by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management.

I watched the video Alco and all I saw were a bunch of teenage trespassers invading private museum property. Honestly if you think that's something you haven't seen the back lot of the NMOT in St Louis, the IRM's collection of artifacts that most likely will never be restored, French Lick's line of derelict passenger cars or most locally our own RMLI line of formerly rusting P72s. A railroad museum where it may be clean has its dirty parts like it should. What it sounds like is an inexperienced bureaucrat who knows too little is making a poor judgement of the situation. Parents will always know a railroad museum as a premier attraction for their kids no matter where they are. It's a shame to see ignorance in broad daylight.

Cameron -

I have not seen the video but I wonder if the 4 places you mentioned (NMOT; IRM in Union; INRM at French Lick and RMLI) also lease their properties as ITM does (did) in Noblesville?

Les

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:49 pm 

You can see the video here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssw5ShpvhZ0

Pretty sad shape most of that stuff. A lot of it is probably going to get scrapped if the city is going to clean it up. I don't know how ITM would move that stuff or why they would even want to. Since they didn't run trains just year, do they have any money? Can any of it be moved by rail, or would it all have to be trucked?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:43 pm 

Les Beckman wrote:
I have not seen the video but I wonder if the 4 places you mentioned (NMOT; IRM in Union; INRM at French Lick and RMLI) also lease their properties as ITM does (did) in Noblesville?

Les

IRM's property is owned by IRM, free and clear, no landlords, no mortgages.

Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:18 pm 

If you watch the video link above, there are links to other videos. Watch the second one about the abandoned trains in Winslow Junction in New Jersey. This is a prime example of what can go wrong if your attorney isn't as honest as you think and you pass away.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6