It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Former CPR Mikado in Depew, New York
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:54 am 

Rob Gardner wrote:
Very true. And he has benefitted from all this marketing
and advertising, free of charge, lol.

Rob Gardner

I thought that was the point of these discussions, give the availability more exposeure so the engine isn't scrapped. Maybe it worked this time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:35 pm 

Yes, Dennis, that is true. We can still be frustrated with the way Mr. Sprague has conducted himself. Any BS on the internet was generated by him and him alone.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:23 am 

Al Crisp here; I have been told that a deal has been reached to sell 5361. One of the persons of interest called me to tell me it was sold and it was not him as he was still intent on negotiating next week. However Terry called him and told him he had sold it and at this time the buyer is still a mystery. He was pissed as was myself,Terry has cut himself off and will not answer calls and emails. As to who what and where it will go I have nothing but rumors at this point. If anyone knows more please feel free to let us know.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:20 pm 

I think if the parties engaged with the engine's owner wanted RYPN and the internet to know, they'd just as soon post it themselves, right?

We aren't entitled to know anything as its apparently a private transaction. Alienating, aggravating, antagonizing, hand-wringing, bloviating etc., isn't saving engines. Is hearing the engine won't be scrapped is not subsistence enough?

Usually, folks in the trenches don't have the time to look up long enough to make sure the internet knows all, primarily if there is little merit or cause to do so.

The deals to save this engine aren't happening here. There's a fine line between prying and genuine interest. Anything else is conjecture.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:23 pm 

Al Crisp here; My only reason for saying anything at all was my level of involvement in doing the spadework. I was talking to anyone or entity up to and including parties from CPR interested in seeing something positive go forward. You do not just show up one day hook on to and head for the border. As I said before I spent most of my life wrestling heavy stuff around North America. I have a file folder full of notes plus quotes, regulations, customs requirements, New York State tax laws ,literally dozens of phone numbers and contacts in files on the computer. My wife gave me shit for actually going over our unlimited phone long distance plan. It arrived yesterday with 5 pages of calls I had made all over North America regards the 5361!! As things moved along it was all made available to the owner as it was to the gentleman who had come along and wanted to buy it. He was little more then upset at the way he was informed of what went down. In fact we had been talking about some details just before as he is 2500 miles away. He told me then the purchase price would end up being only 25 %of the whole banana. That is one reason things were going slowly. I just hope that who ever is supposedly buying the loco knows what is what. I will state right here they are welcome to all that I have prepared and learned, the helpful contacts I have made and any assistance I can offer. I would hate to see it all go on the rocks over the ugly details created mostly by the various government agencies who will want their pound of flesh!!Al Crisp MMR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:48 am 

A drone photo of CP 5361 was just posted on RailPictures.net which shows how it is currently land locked:

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/685242/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:10 pm 

Robert J wrote:
A drone photo of CP 5361 was just posted on RailPictures.net which shows how it is currently land locked:

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/685242/

Thanks for posting!
Any clue who the mystery buyer is?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:16 pm 

Al Crisp here;Although it looks land locked the track is still all there behind the loco and only needs to be brushed and inspected and repaired were needed.. The crossing will be repaired when the time comes by the Short line operator.
As for who the mystery buyer is all I know is that it is supposed to be four partners; Three Canadians and One American and the 5361 is supposed to be coming to Ontario . Those who might Know do not know or will not say! The owner is still not taking calls from me after all the time and energy I expended looking for a home and lining up those who could actually make it happen! Oh well I did my best and what will be will be!!??
Al Crisp MMR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:45 pm 

The important thing is that the locomotive is not getting scrapped, and is presumably going to a good home. I'm perfectly fine with waiting until the locomotive actually starts to move to find out exactly where, and just who the saviours are.

Thanks for linking that photo too!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:45 pm 

Al Crisp here; Without some transparency here we do not know anymore then we did on day one. I feel that anyone who took the time to pay attention and give their two cents worth ,offer to help fund, volunteer, or Like I did spend literally days on the computer, face to face and phone[about 400 calls in total]with contractors, railway people,6 government agencies, Canada Customs ,US customs, two Customs Brokers and on and on deserve some sort of answer. It is easy to say it all looks good but in my experience you need rock hard proof that all is well. If this a private sale going into someone's barn never to be seen again then say so. But if as I suspect they will need some sort of public support at some point then stand up say that too. If only that poor old bucket had a brain so it could have a say in it's future. Al Crisp MMR

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:52 pm 

al crisp wrote:
I did spend literally days on the computer, face to face and phone[about 400 calls in total]with contractors, railway people,6 government agencies, Canada Customs ,US customs, two Customs Brokers and on and on deserve some sort of answer.

Hum okay thanks for your work Al i just wait to see what next with 5361. Where she go (Ontario??)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:40 pm 

The big wrote:
al crisp wrote:
I did spend literally days on the computer, face to face and phone[about 400 calls in total]with contractors, railway people,6 government agencies, Canada Customs ,US customs, two Customs Brokers and on and on deserve some sort of answer.

Hum okay thanks for your work Al i just wait to see what next with 5361. Where she go (Ontario??)

Someone on Facebook said it was going to the West Coast for display. So I am assuming B.C.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:27 pm 

Perhaps the Kettle Valley Railway ? .......

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:01 pm 

NS 3322 wrote:
Someone on Facebook said it was going to the West Coast for display. So I am assuming B.C.

That was me. I was told about a month ago by a VERY reliable source it was likely going to western Canada for display. The deal wasn't done at the time, but there was an agreement in principle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:18 pm 

Al Crisp here; The west deal in Alberta fell thru when the owner sold the loco without notice to the buyer. I was helping to work on details like customs and quotes for transport and rigging we have no idea who has purchased the loco or if it has actually been sold as no one will stand up and take the lead.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next