It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Virginia Central Loco's
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 pm 

1). The internet shot from "Don's Depot" of Rutland 82, states it was shipped to the Prairie Dog Central in Sept of 2015.

As I did not know the identity of the "unmarked" engine when I posted Rutland 82...I assumed the caption was correct.

Sorry about that.

2) The purpose of this thread was to find out what is happening with the two engines, as my usual contact's didn't know either.
I figured RYPN was the place to ask.

As we are seeing, those who know still aren't talking, but am learning a lot about their past history....which is all good.

Dennis.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:08 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
Old Smokey wrote:
As we are seeing, those who know still aren't talking

Or they just haven't seen this post, thread, or forum.

We don't ALL peruse EVERY available online rail forum.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:59 pm 

Yes, that must be it.
No response must mean "they" are unaware of this posting.

Well, no offence.. as you would know better than I...but RYPN is read by a lot more people...than people who post.

I don't flatter myself as to the importance of my questions, because they aren't at all important..and perhaps irritating to some people.

But I do know the railway preservation world is a very small world indeed...and everyone knows everyone else.

So my guess is they are well aware of this....and are smart enough to say nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:41 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
It is not the obligation of every excursion operation or museum to assign an employee or volunteer to search the entire internet daily for every mention of their operation, and address every query raised. Multinational corporations may do it, but we don't.

There are many, many operations that have never, as far as I can discern, ever directly represented themselves here, or anywhere else on online forums for that matter. Some are more or less bound by internet business protocols that advise against involvement in such online locations, not even in response to outright falsehoods or libel. Some seemingly have no computer. Some have better things to do, like tending to rolling stock or actual in-person patrons. And some might only peruse here once a week or so.

There have been many times when I have had to contact associates in the field to tell them about a query raised here concerning their projects. Even if I do so, that doesn't guarantee a response, let alone a complete response, or the response the inquisitor wants to hear.

Simply because your query has not been answered to your satisfaction is not evidence of some conspiracy or nefarious scheme. As a friend of some of the Showalters' past associates, I'm curious about what happens to these locos myself...... but I'm content just waiting; after all, how long did we wait for any action from the Showalters?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:34 pm 

Has there been any update to the fate of these two 4-6-2's since the topic was last brought up? I've searched the site and seen nothing, so I'm curious to know if anyone here knows and can share any updates as to their current and future status...

http://www.bigjimvideo.com/home.html
http://www.youtube.com/user/bigjim4life

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:13 pm 

BigJim.
After a friend read my posting some months back, he gave me a phone call. As of today, the engines are still at the Prairie Dog Central. I was told the original plans to run them in Alberta were stymied by the major downturn in the Alberta economy. If someone has the money, you could probably buy them.
Cheers,
Old Smokey.