It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
 Post subject: Re: Trying to save the 503
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:41 pm 

co614 wrote:
Good question Scranton Yard. No, I took the trouble early on to write to the Mayor and all 8 Council members and never received any acknowledgements from anyone. I seriously doubt that several of them are even literate, and I'd bet that most of them don't read their incoming mail.

Anyhow, the main objective here was to abort the scrapping and that's been accomplished.

Hopefully Jason will limit the amount of additional abuse he'll subject himself to.

Ross Rowland

I said I'd try to limit my activities here but I can't refuse defending a fellow politician. Politics are very messy Mr. Rowland but you probably know that already. There are a lot of emotions, dealings, anxieties right now and the stakes are just too high for anyone to screw up not without risking political suicide. Jason to put it lightly caused a bit of a upheaval here in PA and much of the establishment was blown away by his youthful ambition. They did not expect him to push as far as he did and it came off unexpectedly. Local elections are coming up soon, the big fish want to keep their seats and they'll do whatever they can to keep them. Money talks as usual and it looks good for his sponsors if Beard can keep #503 at home even if it proves detrimental to his own constituency. I mean no disrespect sir but I do hope this helps you better understand the situation at hand.

Cameron

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:40 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
co614 wrote:
Now TGB4th. don't get your panties all in a knot. If some of them are illiterate (as I suspect) they can't read the comments anyhow.
More importantly they've clearly demonstrated that they could care less what anyone from the "outside" thinks and have every intention of staying totally insular on this issue.

Again with the irony meter red-lining........

First, the properly literate expression is "they COULDN'T care less. . . ."

Second, the fact that a self-promoting, prominent figure in the rail preservation field in the past is immaturely hurling insults at them is a sure-fire justification for them to ignore constructive input from other polite preservationists, as qualified, well-intentioned and cooperative as they might be.

Mr. Rowland, the old adage says that "when you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is STOP DIGGING."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:12 pm 

Well said.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:46 pm 

I think it may be time for the moderator to lock this one. Diatribes are not moving the subject forward. Nothing we say here in this forum has ANY impact on the situation in Texas, regardless of what we may wish. Regardless of what we may want to happen, local politics and local politicians will have the last word. Time for us to simply shut up and see what happens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 pm 

I'm with Hamster. This is why I miss the Briefs section where you got the news without the bull exhaust. I thought it would be cute to see this thread get to 503 replies but not at this rate.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:47 pm 

As the original creator of this thread and as my first action as a moderator, I am locking this thread until new information regarding the future of the 503 comes forth.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33