It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BOMX/CRHS SW7 No. 8905 Restoration
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:58 pm 

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL PRESS RELEASE!

The Conrail Historical Society and the B&O Railroad Museum have announced a partnership to restore the Museum’s operating SW7 to its Conrail paint scheme to pay homage to Conrail’s operational history in Baltimore. The locomotive, formerly Conrail No. 8905, will be repainted to its mid-1980s Conrail appearance by B&O Museum volunteers and staff.

The CRHS and the B&O Museum have launched a joint fundraising campaign to raise $6,000 which will cover the extensive surface preparation and all of the paint materials for the restoration. Any additional funds raised will be placed into an account dedicated solely to the maintenance and upkeep of No. 8905, which will remain as the regular power for the Museum’s excursions.

To learn more about the locomotive, view photos of No. 8905 throughout its career, or donate to the restoration project, please visit www.TheCRHS.org/8905.

Director, Operation Toy Train
Director, New England Steam Corporation
President, The Garbely Publishing Company

Post subject: Re: BOMX/CRHS SW7 No. 8905 Restoration
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:14 pm 

I'm glad to see that at least one unit once lettered for the Peoria & Eastern is being saved, I'm fine with the electric blue restoration, the Conrail scheme is actually what interested me in trains, seeing it on the Santa Fe west of Streator.