It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Save a Rock Island Depot, just needs money!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:03 pm 

The goal seems reasonable and I believe the people involved are reputable. Simple plan, they just need enough to move the depot what I think is just a few hundred yards away.

https://www.gofundme.com/perryrockislanddepot

Post subject: Re: Save a Rock Island Depot, just needs money!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:34 pm 

Thank you for spreading this. I'm spreading the word to my friends in my area.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:22 pm 

from reading the update, it looks like they have the money needed to move it off the property. That is a good thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:13 am 

Captain Steam wrote:
from reading the update, it looks like they have the money needed to move it off the property. That is a good thing.

I'm sorry, but that's not what I read in the update.... actually quite the opposite.... You might wish to read the WHOLE update.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:40 pm 

For anyone on the fence, please give it another look. While today is the 'deadline' in theory, there will still be a few more days before this hits the point of no return. The holiday week will likely delay things too. There is only a tiny bit of Rock Island left in Arkansas, it would be a shame to loose this depot. They can't all be saved but this one we know in advance, and it doesn't have to go.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:13 pm 

junior wrote:
Captain Steam wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's not what I read in the update.... actually quite the opposite.... You might wish to read the WHOLE update.

The update was given on a different website that doesn't reflect the go fund me page. You should ask questions before trying to be high oh mighty.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:05 pm 

They had hit a milestone that would allow them to move the depot, but not offset the entire cost. Now, the prices may be increasing because G&W seems to be in a bit of a panic about the asbestos and lead concerns of the building. They still need more money, plain and simple.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:11 am 

Captain Steam wrote:
junior wrote:
Captain Steam wrote:

The update was given on a different website that doesn't reflect the go fund me page. You should ask questions before trying to be high oh mighty.

Then maybe you should have clarified that?.....or provided the link to the your information source, as most would do in such a situation?

You stated your response to the original link to the the go fund me page which has an update that says the situation was/is for all intents and purposes, very fragile.

Read what you posted and tell me how one was supposed to read your mind....I'll wait.