It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Request for a Little Volunteer Photoshop Help
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:16 am 

Hi all,
I've been doing some historical research lately, talking with the family of a railroader who worked with Ventura County Railway no. 2 back in its service days. They sent me a fascinating photo of the five-man train crew posed in front of the engine in the 1940s. They also sent me a roster shot with the engine crew in it. I'd like to put the photographs in our newsletter and use them for interpretive signage.

Before I do that, though, the photographs would benefit from a little touching up. Unfortunately, the only copy of the crew photograph available is not a scan or a paper copy, but a digital photo of the original photograph. The digital photo was taken at an angle, so the photo's aspect ratio has been distorted a little bit, and the photo sits at an angle. The family has been very helpful, but unfortunately they don't have a paper copy they can scan for me. The roster shot is in better shape, but might benefit from a little touch up too.

I confess I don't know much about digital photo restoration, but I've seen people do some wonderful things.

Would anybody be able and willing to touch up the two photos? If so, feel free to post below or PM me. I would ordinarily post the photos here for us all to enjoy, but in this case I won't as the family owns the photographs, not me or the museum.

Thanks a lot!

Post subject: Re: Request for a Little Volunteer Photoshop Help
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:39 am 

I have often massaged locomotive photos using Paint Shop Pro 7 (not Adobe Photoshop). You can sample my work here: https://www.railarchive.net/fantasysteam/. What you're requesting isn't nearly as complicated. If you care to send me your images as an attachment to rleonard@railarchive.net, I will take a look. -- Dr. Richard Leonard

Post subject: Re: Request for a Little Volunteer Photoshop Help
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 pm 

Hi Richard,
Thanks a lot for your offer of help. The photos on your website are quite impressive! Another forum member PM'ed me offering to help already, but I will gladly be in touch with you if I need any other help. Thanks!