It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Indiana Transportation Museum Given until July 12 to Mov
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:52 am 

It's a real shame about the DL&W m.u. cars. They could provide seats for several historic cars that were modified for MOW use. Some years ago, I was able to facilitate the saving and sale of four cars worth of seats to the Cumbres & Toltec. They were able to fit out five or six smaller cars with nice walkover seats.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:34 pm 

I have a request for disposition information on one of the cars from ITM that has apparently not been previously addressed here. Does anyone know if former NKP war emergency, outside-braced, single-sheathed boxcar #8099 was saved or scrapped? It was possibly the only such car remaining in existence, certainly the only Nickel Plate one.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:52 pm 

PaulWWoodring wrote:
I have a request for disposition information on one of the cars from ITM that has apparently not been previously addressed here. Does anyone know if former NKP war emergency, outside-braced, single-sheathed boxcar #8099 was saved or scrapped? It was possibly the only such car remaining in existence, certainly the only Nickel Plate one.

The google spreadsheet has it in green (meaning "saved" for now/then at least) and says "moved-unknown owner" as of 08/2019 (near bottom of page): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =858139899

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:06 pm 

PMC wrote:
PaulWWoodring wrote:

The google spreadsheet has it in green (meaning "saved" for now/then at least) and says "moved-unknown owner" as of 08/2019 (near bottom of page): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =858139899

Thanks for the speedy reply, I shall pass that along.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:45 pm 

PaulWWoodring wrote:
PMC wrote:
PaulWWoodring wrote:

Thanks for the speedy reply, I shall pass that along.

I asked about NKP #8099 on another forum dealing with Indiana railroads, and got a reply from a guy in Indiana who deals with railroad management a lot as part of his job: "Is that one of the two outside braced box cars that are stuffed and mounted with a GP 7 in front of the Aberdeen, Carolina & Western's HQ in Candor NC? Both the box cars supposedly came from ITM (and certainly look like 2 that where in Noblesville). I'll try to remember to grab a shot of them next time I am past them."

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:13 pm 

PMC wrote:
I asked about NKP #8099 on another forum dealing with Indiana railroads, and got a reply from a guy in Indiana who deals with railroad management a lot as part of his job: "Is that one of the two outside braced box cars that are stuffed and mounted with a GP 7 in front of the Aberdeen, Carolina & Western's HQ in Candor NC? Both the box cars supposedly came from ITM (and certainly look like 2 that where in Noblesville). I'll try to remember to grab a shot of them next time I am past them."

Photo of the ACWR display:
https://flickr.com/photos/102043443@N07 ... qZG5TPFD4k

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:42 pm 

NS 3322 wrote:
PMC wrote:

Photo of the ACWR display:
https://flickr.com/photos/102043443@N07 ... qZG5TPFD4k

The missing planks on the side of the rear one of the pair seem to match this photo I took at the ITM in 2012....

Attachment:
12-1008b.jpg
12-1008b.jpg [ 297.63 KiB | Viewed 20990 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:31 pm 

The box cars at the AC&W HQ site both appear to be Wabash double door wood boxcars that were once part of the ITM collection. NKP #8099 was a single door wood car. Thus, the mystery of where NKP 8099 is currently located, is still unsolved.

Les

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:15 pm 

Les Beckman wrote:
The box cars at the AC&W HQ site both appear to be Wabash double door wood boxcars that were once part of the ITM collection. NKP #8099 was a single door wood car. Thus, the mystery of where NKP 8099 is currently located, is still unsolved.

Les

You're right, here is NKP #8099 at ITM in 2013. Edit: The car in NC does look like the same car 70000 shot at ITM, which leads me to believe the NKP car in better shape was not available when AC&W came looking for display cars:

Attachments:
NKP Wood Boxcar 8099 a.jpg
NKP Wood Boxcar 8099 a.jpg [ 285.38 KiB | Viewed 20918 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:22 pm 

NKP 8099 was purchased by Gulf & Ohio Railways and is stored in Knoxville, TN. It will be used as part of the heritage freight consist for photo charters, etc.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:12 pm 

RookieFireman wrote:
NKP 8099 was purchased by Gulf & Ohio Railways and is stored in Knoxville, TN. It will be used as part of the heritage freight consist for photo charters, etc.

Thanks for the information, it is very good to know it still exists, given its rarity.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:28 pm 

Any confirmation if the DL&W cars in Logansport have been scrapped? Or are they still in the queue?

Wesley

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:00 pm 

wesp wrote:
Any confirmation if the DL&W cars in Logansport have been scrapped? Or are they still in the queue?

Wesley

I haven't heard anything good or bad in the usual places. I suspect there was new interest in the DL&W cars (and the CofNJ trailer as well) once the cutting started.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:00 am 

I do not know what happened to my posting Friday on this subject.

I was at Logansport Thursday, at the request of a private purchaser of the CNJ car and was not allowed on the property. Clearance was to have been made for me to be there, but some missed communications stopped me from being allowed on the property.

The CNJ car was still on it's trucks and I assume a purchase will be completed on it, but only part of one of the DL&W cars remained. So there are history/scrap.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:03 pm 

AlcoC420 wrote:
The CNJ car was still on it's trucks and I assume a purchase will be completed on it, but only part of one of the DL&W cars remained. So there are history/scrap.

That sucks. Anything else left (not that I think there is any demand for anything other than perhaps the L&N 40' boxcar)?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next