It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
 Post subject: Re: Indiana Transportation Museum Given until July 12 to Mov
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:46 am 

These cars were all in very rough condition and need full restoration before they could be used. The only things usable in Logansport are the 2 NKP cabooses and the rider flat car that are on the side track in Lincoln Indiana at the moment. They are supposed to be moving those and putting those on the L&ER rail at the engine house in Logansport. The idea was short caboose/flat car rides pulled by DS50 once the damaged cab is repaired/replaced. These recent moves were on a side track north of the old museum grounds that they had to vacate. All the diesels other than the 44 tonner are still on the grounds last I was by there. 83a has been the shop switcher and back up power for NPE, they are fundraising to repair freeze damage to 426 so she can be used by NPE. The remaining F's, of which 72 was running and mechanicaly mostly done in 2011 and was waiting shop time to do body work and paint. And the Baldwin are still there. GP7 (or is it a GP9) 200 is unknown to me what happened to it. You can read more about all of the moves over on the Indiana Railroad Bull Session. Here is a link. Mike
https://indianarailroads.org/board/inde ... ic=21506.0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:44 am 

What, if anything, has happened with the two locomotive cranes? They were supposedly going to the Monon Connection Museum.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:30 pm 

Any update on the locomotive that the mover made into a convertable? IIRC they found a new cab, has it been installed and were there any other damages found.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:45 pm 

The UP #200 was a GP9. It's fate is unknown?

Supposedly the 3 F units are to become razor blades.

The Baldwin? Supposedly going to Kokomo. Don't hold your breath.

The two cranes, Nothing has much been said regarding either of them?

Rumor has it they are too expensive and difficult to move. Aka scrap is their future.

Reliable info is very scarce sadly.

Robert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:06 pm 

BigBoy 4023 wrote:
The UP #200 was a GP9. It's fate is unknown?

Supposedly the 3 F units are to become razor blades.

The Baldwin? Supposedly going to Kokomo. Don't hold your breath.

The two cranes, Nothing has much been said regarding either of them?

Rumor has it they are too expensive and difficult to move. Aka scrap is their future.

Reliable info is very scarce sadly.

The Purdue Crane was moved back in October to Schlatter Brothers property in Francesville. (Photo by Joey Schlatter).

Can we please stop speculating?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:54 am 

No word from Mr Davenport, who owns Monon DS50, on its repair status. I know the cranes were removed, but I dont remember off hand where they went. It was posted somewhere with pics of them off park property and in transit. ITM was going to run their Polar Bear Express in Logansport this year, even started selling tickets, but it came out they had not secured permission from G&W to do this, so no train this year. I think they are finding that G&W, who now runs both the WSRY and the TP&W has zero tollerance for funny business when it comes to excursion operations. And, well, ITM doesn't have a very good reputation right now. I have heard the Iowa Pacific IC E units and IC passenger consist parked in Kokomo still is probably gonna be seized by the bank. It hasn't moved in over a year now, still parked in the siding just east of Ohio Street. Mike P.S. The F units becoming scrap is still yet to be seen. 72 had all of its mechanical issues taken care of in 2011, was just needing body work and paint. If NPE is smart, it would be come a parts source for 83a and their F9. Or, to get the younger generation involved, have a local vo tech school that teaches body work, do the rest of the cosmetic restoration. With no outside rail connection, I do not see any of the big diesels leaving other than in a scrap dumpster(I hope not). I think Kokomo backed out of the Baldwin and a few other items they were originally listed as buying. Those who do know the secret plans for stuff or what ITM's long range plan to run trains again, isnt talking

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33