It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Queen Anne’s Railroad Society Introduction
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:32 am 

As it seems that there are no other threads related to the Queen Anne’s Railroad Society, I decided to create this one to give a little more information about it.
The Queen Anne’s Railroad Society is an organization out of Centreville, Maryland dedicated to preserving the railroad history of Queen Anne’s County and on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. The society has worked with the town of Centreville and Queen Anne’s County to move the Centreville freight depot from the town of Centreville to Bloomfield Farm, which is owned by the County. Currently we are working with the county on preserving and utilizing the depot at it’s new location. I’m not entirely sure if the society wishes to disclose current information related to this project, so I won’t discuss it... yet. However I will say that things are looking rather bright. When the time comes, I’ll compose a thread dedicated to the project, giving a more comprehensive overview and using it to update members of the forum in the future.
As I’ve mentioned in my previous thread, I’m personally trying to use the freight station project as a learning tool for myself. However this does’t mean I’m not trying to get involved. I have some ideas and plans for fundraisers and public outreach about the project for the future. This goes from selling pins to regular video updates about the project to photo charters at nearby railroads.
We have a large number of members who are modelers and we exhibit our models at several different events in the area. In December we team up with the Museum of Eastern Shore Life to host the Festival of Trains, our flagship event. Members of the society bring out all their trains to exhibit. We have HO modules, a G-layout, N and Z layouts and the National Capitol Trackers with their O scale modules. We also bring out some railroad exhibits and the MoESL brings out some items from their museum. This event also acts as a fundraiser for us, with a donation jar, silent auctions and raffles. Santa Claus even makes an appearance!

We are still a rather small organization, but it seems like we’re picking up steam. Make sure to visit our website and like us on Facebook to support us!
http://www.qarrs.org
https://m.facebook.com/qarrs/

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I’ll answer them the best I can!