It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Stretching her legs 63 years later
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:02 pm 

I found out the answer over on TO. Not sure why it seems to be such a secret but unless what I read is wrong it's going to the Roots of Motive Power where they have a 1/2 mile of track to run on. Again.. seems a shame she can't show off on the line in Oregon, I would love to just take a nice ride behind her. But I understand the owner gets to decide obviously.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:06 am 

Crescent-Zephyr wrote:
I found out the answer over on TO. Not sure why it seems to be such a secret but unless what I read is wrong it's going to the Roots of Motive Power where they have a 1/2 mile of track to run on. Again.. seems a shame she can't show off on the line in Oregon, I would love to just take a nice ride behind her. But I understand the owner gets to decide obviously.

If things were to fall right someday, that isolated museum trackage in Willits could possibly span a small creek and acquire a connection with the former NWP right within yard limits. This would give the group a choice of either trying to extend operation North to the old siding of Longvale, a distance of approx. 13 miles. Pretty flat, steel bridges and at least one tunnel. The other direction South to Ukiah , would be about 25 miles with a steep grade out of town.

Just musing here, but I can't help but think that this has already been quietly thought about in the past by some of those that are heavily involved.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:03 am 

Agreed, what a shame and waste to be locked to a 1/2 mile loop. Looking at a map, that museum seems very land locked with buildings surrounding it. Might be quite hard to get a connection to the NWP.

You'd think if you spent that much on it, you'd want to see it be somewhere where it could actually run and pull tourist trains etc.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:53 am 

No one mentioned California Western

Institut for Systemer, Produktion, og Ledelse

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6