It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6BL Service Manual and Parts Catalog
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:21 am 

Does anyone have a spare or digital copy of service manuals and parts catalogs for 6BL brake equipment with a 6NR valve? Looking to do some valves on an SW8 before next operating season.

Post subject: Re: 6BL Service Manual and Parts Catalog
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:22 am 

I think I have a operating and troubleshooting manual, but I guess you are looking for the shop manual. Don't know if you are looking to rebuild them yourself or send them off to be rebuilt. I sent the valves off of one of our SW8s to WABCO and that was a mess. They took 2 1/2 months to rebuild them and didn't even have all the gaskets. The H-6 valve leaked worse than it did before. I believe that distribution valve it for a MU brake system, so that makes the whole job even more fun. If your transfer valve works, it would be wise to leave it alone. It takes a while to get it out and it is even harder to get it back in.

I have heard very good things about Pittsburgh Air Brake and Multiservice Supply. They might be able to help you find the shop manual you are looking for. Highly doubt that WABCO will be of any help. Most of the office folk don't seem to to be able to identify (not to mention find parts for) any of the older valves. But, you never know, that's just been my experience here in South Carolina.