It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Southern Pacific Drawing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:07 pm 

Hi All

Reviewing some Southern Pacific paper work I recently came a crossed. In discussing limiting Delays due to plugging holes on cylinders with the cylinder cocks knocked off, It mentioned S.P. type steam operated cylinder cocks(Drawing 22774 Book 675). Does anyone know if a copy of the book still exists. Also are there any SP Mechanical circulars available. I am hoping the California RR Museum but a their search system is unfriendly.

Robby Peartree

Post subject: Re: Southern Pacific Drawing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:08 pm 

Robby Peartree wrote:
I am hoping the California RR Museum but a their search system is unfriendly.
I would suggest sending the library an email asking about the specific reference.

The Museum changed to a new program and seems not to have migrated all the information in the old systems into the new program. Also cataloging of drawings has been an ongoing project at the Museum. In addition a good number of cataloged (and un-cataloged) material has been relocated to remote storage out of the downtown floodplain.

Last time I worked with the CSRM search system I was annoyed and when I was in Sacramento last September I reviewed the problem with the current Librarian. I told him that I had worked with certain record books back in the 1990s and these were not found in the current system. He concurred with me that these were within a larger collection that was not detailed in the current search system. He said that he would have to inquire of the archivist as to the physical location of the particular record books; she may be the best source.