It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Flying Yankee Restoration Group
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:31 pm 

PCook wrote:
Certainly correct about that! Any involvement with Facebook makes it very unattractive to take part via that method. I will continue to stay in contact with the train's administrator at NHDoT.

PC

PM sent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:35 pm 

Nova55 wrote:
I think it would be possible to restore the/a 201A to operation, and would love nothing more to see one run, but I would only restore one as a display piece with an occasional startup, much like the many large engines on display across the country. I would never run it in any kind of service for all of the previous mentioned issues.

That seems to be the consensus view on the closed group, once in a while operation using the Winton. Conway would be an option, two existing buried wyes would need to be restored from out of the mud and brush but that is doable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:59 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/195388914553494

"Brian LaPlant
Admin

Hi everyone - here is an update about the meeting that took place this past Tuesday, April 6th 2021 in regards to the future of the Flying Yankee Restoration Group.

First, I want to thank the current members of the Board of Directors of the FYRG for taking the time to meet with us and fill us in on where the project currently stands, as well as some of the group's history. While I will not go into the nitty gritty details about the meeting here on FB, I will gladly share the bottom line with all who are interested.

The current and most pressing need for this project to move forward is the development of a complete Board of Directors as required by the State of NH. The FYRG is a 501 (c) (3) charity and there are requirements/rules/regulations that must be adhered to. One such requirement is that there are a minimum of 5 positions that MUST be filled in order to move forward. The FYRG BOD has a total of 6 positions, those positions are as follows:

Chair
Vice Chair
Secretary
Treasurer
Webmaster
Marketing Director

The three vacant positions available at this time are Vice Chair, Secretary, and Webmaster. While these are the minimum requirements for the group we (myself and current members of the BOD) would love to see even more involvement as there is no limit to how many members we can have. If you feel you have a skill set that applies to any opening on the board or, a position not mentioned above, please reach out to me and I will pass that information along to the current BOD for consideration.

*** The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday April 27th at 7:30pm EST. The purpose of that meeting is to establish a current Board of Directors to be able to present to the state.***

This is the ultimate first step towards bringing this restoration project back to life. If you have fundraising ideas, connections, and or resources that may be useful later on down the line please sit tight for now. We will absolutely be reaching out for this input when the time is right. There is, however, no way to put anything into motion without a legitimate BOD.

While the history of the FYRG has had its ups and downs, I feel that the overall tone of the meeting Tuesday night was hopeful for a positive outcome. It’s going to take a lot of effort from everyday volunteers such as yourselves to make this a reality but I believe it can be done.

Again, if you have any interest in becoming a member of the BOD please message me privately as comments can get tricky to keep up with. I will post a reminder about the meeting as it gets closer as well. Thank you!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:20 pm 

Persons who are not residents of New Hampshire need to check NH law very carefully before serving as an officer of any non-profit group based in the state. If I recall correctly New Hampshire has some odd rules relating to liability issues for non-resident officers. This applies to any NH based 501c3 group, not just FYRG.

PC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:11 am 

This was posted on the Trains Magazine newswire today: https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... ng-yankee/