It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strasburg Rail Road is looking for a General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:20 am 

Have a love of American history and proven success in managing a vibrant enterprise? Strasburg Rail Road Company (SRC) http://www.strasburgrailroad.com operates an historic steam railroad in Lancaster County, PA.

The SRC is actively seeking a General Manager (GM) to lead, manage and help grow our business. The GM will have primary P&L responsibility while leading an experienced team of 170 employees (~65 FT and ~105 PT.)

SRC operations include historic, tourist excursions, retail concessions / special events, a world-class steam locomotive/railcar repair/restoration facility, and a growing freight business.

Qualified candidates will have education and experience commensurate with leading and growing an established business. To be considered, please send a cover letter, a current resume, a summary of your skill / experience that would demonstrate competence in managing our operation.

The deadline for submission is August 1, 2019. Reply in confidence to jobs@strasburgrailroad.com or;

Executive Search Committee

Strasburg Rail Road Company
P.O. Box 96
Strasburg, PA 17579

Attachment:
90closeup.jpg
90closeup.jpg [ 293.83 KiB | Viewed 5494 times ]

Post subject: Re: Strasburg Rail Road is looking for a General Manager
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:29 am 

Kelly:
Is there a job description available?
Salary and benefits being offered?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:31 pm 

fairmontdave wrote:
Kelly:
Is there a job description available?
Salary and benefits being offered?
Thanks!

The job description will be sent to you upon acceptance of your submission. Salary is dependent on the strengths and experience one brings to the office. The railroad offers a suite of benefits.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:04 pm 

Am neither qualified nor do I want the stress of the actual job, can I apply for just the fun parts? :)

Seriously though... it’s a shame how things have played out for SRC... tragic situation :-/ I certainly hope you guys find the right fit. Strasburg is a very special place, I hope the next General Manager understands what makes Strasburg special.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:49 am 

Crescent-Zephyr wrote:
Am neither qualified nor do I want the stress of the actual job, can I apply for just the fun parts? :)

Seriously though... it’s a shame how things have played out for SRC... tragic situation :-/ I certainly hope you guys find the right fit. Strasburg is a very special place, I hope the next General Manager understands what makes Strasburg special.

CZ, appreciate the sentiments.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:33 am 

I believe the strength of the Strasburg team will prevent the hiring (or retention at worst) of a candidate who isn't as committed as they are.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:43 am 

Crescent-Zephyr wrote:
nor do I want the stress of the actual job,

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy.

It will be an interesting challenge to parachute into an established, well-managed, and highly regarded organization like SRR and drive revenue and profit growth. It will take a creative thinker with deft people skills.

Hope you get a promising slate of candidates and that the implementation of your succession plan goes well.