It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fund Raiser for Climax "A" Sn. 313 Restoration
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:33 pm 

To Rail Fans everywhere, and especially GEARED, ARTICULATED and NARROW GAUGE Fans... Here is your chance to help us bring home the Gold.... Corry RAILS (Corry Rail And Industrial Legacy Society) is raising funds to help with the retrieval and restoration of one of the most unique engines in America.... the last remaining complete and original Climax "A". This is Shop Number (SN) 313, a 36" NG built in 1902 in Corry, PA and shipped to Nome, Alaska as the second of four Climax "A"s to run as part of the "Wild Goose Railroad" during Nome's Gold Rush era. She later ran as the Golovin Bay Railroad. She is coming home this Summer to complete the restoration begun by Keith Christenson in 1980.

As part of our fundraising efforts, and to help get the word out, we have created an inexpensive (every little bit helps) collectible 2020 Calendar with a brief history of both Climax Manufacturing and this engine, Climax A-313. These are 11"x17", 13 month calendars with 2 extra pages for notes. They are artistically produced in an "Old-School" style with a 60# parchment backer. Obviously, your copy will not have SAMPLE covering it. The Calendars are available on Ebay (just search CLIMAX CALENDAR 2020) either individually, or in 2 packs or 4 packs, if you want to order some for friends. 1 for $15, 2 for $22 or 4 for $36, shipped FREE in a tube to your door in the U.S.... and through Ebay International shipping for outside the US. They are also available on our Facebook page (Corry RAILS) and soon they will be available on a new Website, currently under construction. You can email us for further info about the calendars or our project at corryrails@gmail.com. Thanks a bunch. Corry RAILS

Attachments:
CR-2020 Calendar display for bolgs-RED backgrnd-Ebay-rsz600.jpg
CR-2020 Calendar display for bolgs-RED backgrnd-Ebay-rsz600.jpg [ 111.5 KiB | Viewed 3780 times ]

Last edited by Carl W on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Fund Raiser for Climax "A" Sn. 313 Restoration
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:23 pm 

Does anything remain of the Climax facilities in Corry?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:40 am 

Have you set up a web page so a donation can be made via Paypal?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:22 pm 

PMC.... hello there in Anchorage.... sorry for not responding sooner... I didn't receive a notification.... YES.... is the short answer.... the original Assembly Building still exists and is part of an active manufacturing plant... that represents about !/4 of what Climax originally had.... some was lost to fire and some was torn down to build another manufacturing facility prior to WWII... that building is still being used for manufacturing as well... some smaller wood working buildings were on the other side of Main St. and those have been long gone. We will be up in Palmer in early June loading up all of the parts for transport home to Corry.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:31 pm 

Dick Morris.... Hello... as I mentioned to PMC I hadn't been notified that there was activity on this page.... sorry.... We are in the process... The shortened story is that we are coming out from under our parent 501c3 in the near future... we can't have a separate checking account until then... therefore can't have a direct PayPal account till that happens. The beginnings of our Website is up and there is a tab for donations and a downloadable form to mail in a donation. All of this is in the works but thinks are hanging faster than we can make changes to paperwork. The Website, although minimal is changing several times a week in minor ways... you can always private message me or go to our Facebook page and message me off of that.... WEBSITE - corryrails.com... FACBOOK at "Corry RAILS" Thanks, Carl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:26 pm 

Carl W wrote:
PMC.... hello there in Anchorage.... . YES.... is the short answer.... the original Assembly Building still exists and is part of an active manufacturing plant... that represents about !/4 of what Climax originally had.... some was lost to fire and some was torn down to build another manufacturing facility prior to WWII... that building is still being used for manufacturing as well... some smaller wood working buildings were on the other side of Main St. and those have been long gone.

I am actually in the lower 48, Dick is up there though I believe. Where did Climax have their offices, were they in one of the manufacturing buildings? They wouldn't need a monster office building like the Baldwin octagonal thing that still stands in Eddystone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:51 pm 

PMC wrote:
Carl W wrote:
PMC.... hello there in Anchorage.... . YES.... is the short answer.... the original Assembly Building still exists and is part of an active manufacturing plant... that represents about !/4 of what Climax originally had.... some was lost to fire and some was torn down to build another manufacturing facility prior to WWII... that building is still being used for manufacturing as well... some smaller wood working buildings were on the other side of Main St. and those have been long gone.

I am actually in the lower 48, Dick is up there though I believe. Where did Climax have their offices, were they in one of the manufacturing buildings? They wouldn't need a monster office building like the Baldwin octagonal thing that still stands in Eddystone.

Hi PMC... someday I will figure out how to get this site to notify me when there is activity... oh well... sorry for the length of time... Most of the offices still survive and are offices for the company in the building... it is a two story portion behind the Erection Room... I have yet to make it inside the offices, but one of these days I will... so no clue how much modification or remodeling has been done over the years... somewhere I have a very old article where the author started a walk through from one end of the buildings (the west end)... through the offices and ending in the Erection Shop... identifying each roof, dimensions, the work done, number of employees, how much stock was on hand.. daily output... it was a pretty interesting article but had been scanned by an OCR scanner... so there were misspellings, and sentences ran together... really needs cleaned up... another project.