It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus: Talk About It Here, Please
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:26 pm 

I saw a post on Facebook today that a major railroad is still planning a Thomas the tank engine event in May. That’s crazy. I certainly hope most organizations are not in that kind of denial.

I’m personally hoping Cumbres & Toltec can still have their Iron Horse Roundup.... honestly that’s questionable at this point. I certainly hope they take the high road and offer refunds to international guests who won’t be able to attend even if they do go on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:16 am 

Alexander D. Mitchell IV wrote:
softwerkslex wrote:
On positive side, I am sure many of you have seen the news that Wuhan, China, has recorded multiple days without any new infections. Many of their temporary hospitals are closed, and medical staff are returning to their home cities. My colleagues in Bejing are returning to work.

Dissidents within China are reporting that this is blatant lying and "data manipulation". For example, if you don't "admit" someone to the hospital and leave them to die (supposedly going on big-time now), they don't count it as a "new case." Or counting new cases as "imported from elsewhere."

We'd check, except the Chinese have thrown out all the Western reporters covering the story, allegedly for "their own safety." You know, like they did before the slaughter at Tianamen Square in 1989.

Considering the source of the disease and their blatant efforts to cry "racism" for calling the disease "Wuhan" or "Chinese," I wouldn't trust anything the Chinese government says, about this or anything else, for a microsecond.

Relevance to this topic: Don't get complacent on the basis of Chinese statements.

Well, I don't agree, but we will know the truth soon enough. I have friends in China, and our European news agencies don't seem to have all these problems with China. It is always the American news agencies that get caught in fights. But I don't think it is the news agencies' fault, they are just caught in the political fight between the governments.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:46 pm 

Ohio just issued a stay-at-home order, effective at Midnight Monday. Doesn't sound like it will be criminally enforced, and there will be rather large loopholes in it that will allow one to get necessary errands run, as long as one uses common sense.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:45 pm 

Alexander D. Mitchell IV wrote:
softwerkslex wrote:
On positive side, I am sure many of you have seen the news that Wuhan, China, has recorded multiple days without any new infections. Many of their temporary hospitals are closed, and medical staff are returning to their home cities. My colleagues in Bejing are returning to work.

Dissidents within China are reporting that this is blatant lying and "data manipulation". For example, if you don't "admit" someone to the hospital and leave them to die (supposedly going on big-time now), they don't count it as a "new case." Or counting new cases as "imported from elsewhere."

We'd check, except the Chinese have thrown out all the Western reporters covering the story, allegedly for "their own safety." You know, like they did before the slaughter at Tianamen Square in 1989.

Considering the source of the disease and their blatant efforts to cry "racism" for calling the disease "Wuhan" or "Chinese," I wouldn't trust anything the Chinese government says, about this or anything else, for a microsecond.

Relevance to this topic: Don't get complacent on the basis of Chinese statements.

Boy the (once in a millennia) plague is sure getting over with in a hurry. Are you guys thinking yet? So far this is the lowest flu case season in history. Thinking yet?

Our "paper" archives will be the future railfans only hope. We (yes you too!) should endeavor to preserve all the info needed to allow them 100% accuracy in the building of their recreations.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:47 pm 

Quoted for the record
Loco112 wrote:
Boy the (once in a millennia) plague is sure getting over with in a hurry. Are you guys thinking yet? So far this is the lowest flu case season in history. Thinking yet?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:06 pm 

Loco112 wrote:

On which planet? Per the CDC (that’s the one on Earth), as of 2/28, influenza is worse this year than last year and the worst in a decade for children because both A and B strains are going around. All I ask is that you inform yourself from reliable sources before you consider contributing to this thread. BTW, COVID-19 is not a flu.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:53 pm 

Loco112,

What color is the sky in your world?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:23 am 

Loco112 wrote:

Perhaps then, you can explain how these two graphs of FLU and Covid-19 death rates by age supports your claim?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-A9YWagDLQ ... iz2i9tfynt

I believe that South Korea, unlike Italy, has not had to remove patients from respirators to free up the equipment for younger folks who are deemed more likely to survive.

The USA is projected at being about two weeks behind Italy on the history line.

Brian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:41 am 

Loco112 wrote:

Your callous remarks are not appreciated while so much of the population suffers.

I hope your inflammatory posts are flagged by moderators.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8