It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: HeritageRail Alliance recommends reopening practices
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:40 pm 

Strasburg posted their re-opening policies -

Masks must be worn at all times by everyone ages 2 and up.
Temperatures checked between the parking lot and the platform.
Advance Ticket sales only, no walk up tickets.
50% capacity per car.
Picnic Groves closed.
No Cash - only credit cards.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:58 pm 

elecuyer wrote:
Tying a couple of threads together....

The WW&F ordered some masks for the Gift shop, mainly for volunteers to use since public train service isn't scheduled to begin until August 8th. The price is a bit steep for them ($15 ea), but added them to our online gift shop.

We posted the masks on our Facebook page as a easy way our followers could help support the museum - and immediately sold nearly half of our supply!

https://giftshop.wwfry.org/product/black-face-masks/388?cs=true

Ed - Where did you get these made? I’ve been looking around for printed masks for a while and all I’ve found are polyester masks. I’d prefer the cotton.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:46 am 

Crescent-Zephyr wrote:
Strasburg posted their re-opening policies
Strasburg Rail Road
Strasburg Rail Road wrote:
Dear Guests,

Though we do not yet know when we can reopen, we look forward to once again welcoming you aboard America’s oldest continuously operating railroad to enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of early 20th-century steam railroading. Whether you’re a repeat Guest or someone visiting the Strasburg Rail Road for the first time, we look forward to safely creating memories with you soon.

Before you visit, please take the time to review the following procedures and policies. We expect these will be temporary, and we intend to modify them in phases as both health conditions and government leaders permit.

Our Promise and Our Expectation

The Strasburg Rail Road is committed to taking any and all necessary steps to maintain the health and safety of both our Guests and Team Members.

We’re doing our part to keep you safe, but we can’t do it alone. The success of our Reopen Plan requires the cooperation of all our Guests. Guests of The Strasburg Rail Road are invitees to private property and, as such, are required to follow all of our policies. Furthermore, in accordance with our current policies, our Guests help us ensure the health and safety of all by agreeing to the following:

Guests who have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including a fever, cough, or shortness of breath) will not visit, and Guests who have underlying health conditions or are otherwise concerned about contracting COVID-19 acknowledge their option to not visit the Strasburg Rail Road.

New and Updated Policies Currently in Place

Access to the Strasburg Rail Road requires pre-purchased tickets or advance reservations. Tickets and pass reservations are only available through StrasburgRailRoad.com or by calling 866-725-9666. Entry without a ticket or reservation is not permitted.

Contactless Guest check-in will be conducted by Team Members at our main parking lot entrance. Guests will not check-in at the East Strasburg Station building.

All Guests will undergo a temperature check before crossing from the parking lot into the Station and mall area. (Likewise, Team Members will undergo a temperature check and Health Assessment before the start of their shifts.) Any Guest or Team Member with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater will be denied entry.

Face masks are required for all Guests over the age of two (2) years old, as well as all Team Members. Guests unwilling or unable to wear a face mask must refrain from visiting until the face mask requirement is lifted.

Time between train departures is extended from the traditional 60 minutes to 90 minutes to allow time to thoroughly sanitize the train and to limit Guest density throughout our mall and retail spaces.

Train capacity is reduced by limiting railcar capacity to no more than 50% of the available seats. Guests will be encouraged to social distance while onboard.

Our picnic groves, playground, and our Fun Extras (Cranky Cars, Pint-sized Pufferbelly, and Pump Car) amusement rides are closed.

Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the property and on select railcars. Our public restrooms remain available for handwashing.

Retail transactions must be cashless. Additionally, shields are installed at retail registers to protect both Guests and Team Members.

Frequent and enhanced cleaning and sanitization is occurring throughout our property and railcars, with particular focus on high-touch areas.

Signage throughout the property encourages social distancing, use of face masks, and good hand hygiene.

COVID-19 presents all of us with challenges we never could have imagined, but the Team at the Strasburg Rail Road is excited to safely welcome our Guests aboard! We are committed to the health and safety of our Guests and Team Members, and with your help, Strasburg Rail Road’s authentic steam railroading experience will continue to provide joy, hope, and inspiration for many generations to come.

Sincerely,

Strasburg Rail Road Co.
Since 1832

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:14 pm 

jayrod wrote:
https://giftshop.wwfry.org/product/black-face-masks/388?cs=true
Ed - Where did you get these made? I’ve been looking around for printed masks for a while and all I’ve found are polyester masks. I’d prefer the cotton.

We got the WW&F-branded face masks through US Custom Imprints:
https://www.usimprints.com/product/custom-printed-face-masks-100-cotton-knit

We've had several complements on them; the recipients seem pleased.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:26 pm 

TVRM opens this weekend with more reasonable (imho) restrictions.

Masks are requested to be worn while on the train.
Advance tickets recommended.
Indoor displays closed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:25 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
We still listing these?

Wilmington & Western, Delaware, from FB:

Quote:
We are BACK starting 6/27! There are some new rules and adjustments we need to make to continue complying with the new government phases. Please work with us as we open our doors back up and work together to get the wheels moving!

1) We will have extremely limited tickets available due to social distancing protocols, please purchase early!
2) Family caboose rentals are ideal, and allow you to be able to move about a bit more freely.
3) All riders will be required to wear masks and should not ride if they show any symptoms of being sick.
4) Tickets will be reservation ONLY, please purchase them online! There will be NO paper transactions.
5) Each group will be seated 6’ from each other.

We are SO EXCITED to see you again!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:52 pm 

Crescent-Zephyr wrote:
TVRM opens this weekend with more reasonable (imho) restrictions.
Tennessee is one of 14 states recording “their highest-ever seven-day average of new coronavirus cases,” according to this June 8, 2020 article by the Washington Post: 14 states and Puerto Rico hit highest seven-day average of new coronavirus infections

I can't find county-specific data for TN, but the number of Covid-19 cases in Whitfield County, GA, just to the south of Chattanooga, continue to rise according to the Georgia Department of Public Health.
Attachment:
Screenshot from 2020-06-10 20-44-17.png
Screenshot from 2020-06-10 20-44-17.png [ 110.18 KiB | Viewed 4702 times ]
(It's the orange line that matters - the orange dots without a line are days with incomplete data.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:07 pm 

Chris... Chattanooga is in Hamilton County which is indeed on the rise. I'm surprised that Chattanooga let tourist attractions like TVRM open but that's another discussion for another forum (one that I am staying clear of! ha.)

If you are going to be open for business, it's important to have safe, but reasonable measures in place. The strasburg measures, imho, are over the top. If you have to take those measures, it's not safe to be operating period. again.. imho.

I LOVE strasburg railroad, one of my favorite places to visit, so I'm not intentionally trying to say something negative about them... just saying what I think about the subject.

Personally.. I'm not ready to ride any trains yet, but I may be ready to chase and photograph Smoky Mountains and TVRM this week. We shall see!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:40 pm 

Frankly, I have no intention of riding any train for the time being. My own personal opinion is that trains present a specific risk, given that they create congregate settings and that is the number one factor in virus spread. I do not believe that most tourist railroads have the capability of reducing the possibility of spread to an acceptably low level, based upon my experience of having worked on one for nearly a decade (TVRM).

I do not believe that it will be possible for children to safety return to in person learning this fall and that feeling is being reflected by sizable numbers of families with school age children in my area. The largest school district here (Tucson Unified School District) has polled the families that have children enrolled there. 25% of the families polled have indicated that their children will not be returning to school this fall and will remain on distance learning. This is a particular concern to the district, as they lose 5% of state funding per child for every child. TUSD has publicly stated that they expect to lose $3 million in state funding this next school year due solely to the decision of parents to keep their children home.

I would be very interested to see attendance and ticket sale reports from the railroads that do open to see what the result of this season is.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:57 pm 

I would be willing to take a ride. People should be afforded an opportunity to make the decision, whether it’s to ride a train (or any other recreational activity) or stay home. I would happily take a ride on the Strasburg. I think their precautions are appropriate given the circumstances and I wish for their success in the remainder of the season. I, for one, would very much appreciate the return of my freedom of choice. I was overjoyed when I was finally allowed to enter a barber shop for a real haircut. I didn’t get sick either.

If you’re sick, stay home. If you’re scared or otherwise concerned, stay home. If you wish to venture out, be aware of the possible risks associated with whatever activity you engage in and conduct yourself accordingly.

Mileage may vary. I’m sure of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:07 pm 

What we do from here on out needs to be determined by listening to health experts in our specific areas. Arizona may cut off elective surgeries again due to the spike in new infections that has occurred since we reopened. I do not think that this is the feared "second wave"-that usually doesn't come until much later.

The tumble that the stock market took yesterday should be a possible warning sign that the stock market is much more worried now about the economic outlook. I hope that folks are able to raise enough income to keep their operations going, but we (as organizations) do need to consider planning for what to do if our expected income levels are not met. My museum is working on a fundraising appeal as it now appears that we will not be able to safely reopen this summer-not that that makes any real difference for us since summer is our tourist off season anyways. Our tourist season is October to March.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:08 am 

Mount Royal wrote:
If you’re scared

I wish folks would understand how condescending and politically divisive that phrase has become in reference to Covid-19.

Am I scared because I think it is a good idea to wear a mask?

Brian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:55 pm 

choodude wrote:
Mount Royal wrote:
If you’re scared

I wish folks would understand how condescending and politically divisive that phrase has become in reference to Covid-19.

Am I scared because I think it is a good idea to wear a mask?

Brian

I am a firefighter/EMT. Two days ago on my last shift, I responded to a medical call and the patient was positive for COVID. I masked up, put on my gown, gloves, and goggles. Why? Because it’s our policy and I don’t want to get sick and bring it home to my wife and kids. My actions are partially motivated by FEAR. It’s ok to be scared. It’s ok to be afraid of something. It doesn’t make anyone lesser of a person. I’m also scared to death of snakes.

I believe it’s time to open up again and give people back their freedom to choose to go out or stay home. Again, if you’re sick, stay home. If you’re scared, afraid, apprehensive, cautious, or whichever word you choose to use to describe your reasons, stay home. For those who are healthy and desire to go out, have at it, but understand the risks.

This comment represents no political platform or point of view.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:39 pm 

I kind of wonder what people are scared of about hunkering down, wearing masks, and avoiding all those annoying other people? I work an essential job and my building has never been a more pleasant, peaceful and empty place to work with the cube-dwellers telecommuting. The drive was great with very few cars on the road before we phase one reopened. Fear? Hell no....... much better. I fear further reopening much more.

What isn't being considered is that somebody who chooses to behave in riskier ways is taking the freedom to choose not to be exposed to risk away from more sensible and less self-centered others.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:47 pm 

Depending on where you live, you may not have had a choice at all. I live in southwest Connecticut, just across the border from New York and 45 minutes away from New York City. My sister-in-law recently visited from Florida. She said it’s a completely different world north of Virginia.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next