It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Glover Machine Works 2-6-0 on its way to Florida
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:17 pm 

Just FYI,

The Glover Machine Works 2-6-0 just left Groveport, Ohio (approx 12:30 7/31) and is now on its way towards Florida.

The engine will be stopping tomorrow 8/1 at the Civil War and Locomotive Museum in Kennesaw, GA for public display and will then continue on to Florida.

Post subject: Re: Glover Machine Works 2-6-0 on its way to Florida
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:22 am 

parktrains wrote:
Just FYI,

The Glover Machine Works 2-6-0 just left Groveport, Ohio (approx 12:30 7/31) and is now on its way towards Florida.

The engine will be stopping tomorrow 8/1 at the Civil War and Locomotive Museum in Kennesaw, GA for public display and will then continue on to Florida.

Glad to learn of this event. Thank you for posting here.

I never saw a Glover, but learned a few years ago that one actually worked in the SFO
Bay Area at Howard Terminal. A builders plate survives today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:31 pm 

Tom - tried replying to your kind PM today but your email address is apparently inoperative.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:25 am 

Dave wrote:
Tom - tried replying to your kind PM today but your email address is apparently inoperative.

First, let me apologize to the author of this thread for wandering some. But it does apply to the Glover locomotive.

Dave, when I sent you an email yesterday, my reply was checked for saving a copy for myself. That did not happen, so I chalk that up to my lack of proficiency with computers.

I can add that I have personally seen the Glover plate in question, c/n 14221. I also was able to locate a roster of Howard Terminal in Oakland, CA in a book by former WP/UP engineer Norman Holmes. It does show their number 7 being a Glover. They acquired it in 1940 and it was scrapped around 1954. Small locomotive with 14" by 22" cylinders.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:57 am 

PM sent, thanks.