It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: “why the hurry to get 1309 steamed by 12/31” I
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:13 pm 

choodude wrote:
rjenkins wrote:
EJ Berry wrote:
Is there an operating non-Mallet other than UP 4014?

There's this Baldwin simple 2-6-6-2 operating in Brazil, built in 1950 for the meter-gauge Teresa Cristina Railway...

https://youtu.be/I25gFll0vgI

Wood fired at that!

Brian

I saw that. Really interesting. Here is it double-headed with another wood burner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHMoblb0OS4

Some historic footage here, but speaking in Portuguese. Looks like it may have burned coal earlier it it's life: (good double-heading footage at 13:05 onwards)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGDKm6n34Pk

Over on the narrow gauge forum they said:
Quote:
There were actually seven of these locomotives built. Three in 1946, and four in 1950. Four of them were retired in the late 1960's, the other three lasted a few years longer and all of these three survived and still exist.One (205) is on display in Tubaráo. ABPF owns the other two

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:41 pm 

SD70dude wrote:
BTW, I wouldn't mind at all if all these posts, including mine get deleted.

I WOULD.

The posts you object to, along with just a couple of others that contributed, are pretty much the only ones that make this thread "NOT" the dumbest thread ever.

Frisco1522 wrote:
At this point, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? I heard that somewhere before.

Right?

The media and both political parties already censor information that is not beneficial to their agenda. It was a fair question and the answers - even if speculative (or played as speculative) were honest and perhaps enlightening, perhaps even applicable to those contemplating future restorations and grant requests.

If you disagree, you probably believe that the way China manages information and news is a model to be followed here. (And to your sorry point, maybe it is....)

/Mitch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:10 pm 

Alexander D. Mitchell IV wrote:
Frisco1522 wrote:
At this point, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? I heard that somewhere before.

Considering the circumstances in which the "correct" form of that quote--"What difference, at this point, does it make?!?" was made notorious--someone shrilly attempting to deflect attention away from questions they didn't want to answer--you may want to rethink that usage................

Agreed.

Also... When I see someone post “just be glad she’s steaming” - that seems to imply that the end result should justify any means.

“Excuse me sir, I heard that this Railroad was built by slaves and many died during construction, can you tell me more about that?”

Tour guide - “what difference does it make? Just be glad you’re riding on a train.”

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4