It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CSX F's Retired
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 1999 11:54 am 

The CSX F's that have been sitting in the huntington shops for months have been evaluated for exec service. The mechanical forces did not like what they saw and put the units on the retired list. However, with CSX's good history of preservation, there is a good chance that they'll get a good home. Their all ex-clinchfield units, maybe Spencer or TVRM might want them? Somebodys has to be willing to preserve these engines, any thoughts?<br>

Post subject: Re: CSX F's Retired
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 1999 1:52 pm 

What type of F's are they, and what is the history behind them? Any pictures?<br>

robsterne@hotmail.com

Post subject: More of CSXF's
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 1999 3:44 pm 

Bob,<br> I did a video in 1988 called CSX F's, which mainly covered the last four F's #116-118 in regular service pulling road-railer trains on CSX. I don't remember all the details without watching the video,but 3 of the four units I believe were ex-Clinchfield, and one was ex-L&N, and all were Seaboard before becoming CSX. #118 was Originally #200(or was it 116?)on Clinchfield,and we have a couple vintage shots of it with CLinchfield #1, courtesy of Dave Duvault.<br> Later 118 worked on the Potomac Eagle and I happened to be there when it made its first run in 1994. We have a video called "All Aboard the Potomac Eagle" which we did as a souvenir video for the operators in 1995, and it includes a fair amount of 118 footage, before the renumbering. The videos can be found on the web site www.gregschollvideo.com. They were classic on the old L&N hauling the roadrailers, and were the last of a breed. Hope this info helps a little. There are more knowledgable people than I regarding these units. Happy Holidays to all!<p>Steamingly,<br>Greg Scholl<br>

gsvp@gregschollvideo.com