It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tampa & Ybor City S.R.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 1999 12:38 pm 

I was sent some great pictures of the Birney Streetcar restoration in Tampa, Fla. by Greg Fabijanic of Parsons. I am drafting the modifications to the 88-LSS truck design used on the Dallas Birney to fit Tampa's truck, so I have posted them on my website. I will try to submit a brief to Mr. Ledbetter in the near future, but until I get my facts together, feel free to visit my webpage:<p>http://www.caprok.net/nold/streetcar/tampa.html<p>OR<br>

The NoldZone
tnold@swbell.net

Post subject: Re: Tampa & Ybor City S.R.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 1999 3:50 pm 

Hi, Andy:<br>Neat restoration! Is this car going to run on the same line as the Gomaco double-truck birney replicas currently under construction?

Gomaco Birney construction
jftrolley@aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 1999 3:53 pm 

Oops! Try this link instead.

Gomaco Birney construction
jftrolley@aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 1999 9:02 pm 

My understanding of the proposed operations is that this car will be operated in limited service on the same track as the double-truck "Birneys".<p>This car is a historic Tampa single-truck Birney that is being restored by a non-profit, volunteer organization. The DT Gomaco's are being purchased by Hartline, the transit agency in the Tampa area.<p>As I understand it, this car would be used only occasionally and not part of the daily revenue fleet. <p>Excuse me the lack of details, but my company, Street Railway Associates, Dallas, Tx., is helping to convert the axle-sets from a Boston Elevated Railway double truck into a Birney style single truck. I have not been involved with the actual restoration work on the body.<p>I have given some contact information to Bob Yarger, and I am hoping he can craft a more detailed Brief in the next few days.<br>

tnold@swbell.net