It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Visit of U.K. 'Royal Scot' to Canada & USA 1933?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:25 pm 

Can any one help me in my research on the U.K. steam locomotive 'Royal Scot', which toured Canada & the USA in 1933. I would like to research local newspaper reports on its visit to their city/town/area. However, I have been unable to find a detailed itinerary or timetable in the journals I have consulted over here. It started its tour in Montreal on the 1st of May and finished there on 11th November. It was at Chicago's 'Century of Progress' fair from 25th May until 11th November. I do know that its initial itinerary had to be changed as so many cities in both countries requested it visit them; school children in certain counties were given a holiday to enable them to visit it, that's how much interest was shown. According to the information over here it visited over 80 cities, however, I think it is more like 70.
I really would appreciate it if anyone could help me in suggesting where I could obtain its timetable to complete my research.
Looking forward to any reply.
Best Regards
Phlyn Simpson
Lincoln U.K.

phlynsimpson@aol.com