It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old Depot for Sale
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 1999 3:49 pm 

My father lives in an old train depot that he has been restoring for years. His health and age are suggesting he leave this endeavor behind. He would like to sell the depot. The depot has much history. Abe Lincoln's body was housed in the depot en route to the burial site. He also has a 1946 stainless steel Amtrak car that he gutted and planned to restore as a dining car. I am looking for persons or organizations that may be interested in historical preservation of railroad depots and artifacts.<p>Donna Hudson<br>

dohudson@indiana.edu

Post subject: Re: Old Depot for Sale
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 1999 7:16 pm 

Dear Ms. Hudson,<p>Do you have any further information on the depot or car? Where is the depot located? While we at the Museum of Transportation in St. Louis likely could not preserve it physically, we often like to document depots for our archives.<p>Do you know anything further on the former Amtrak car? What railroad was it built for, and what number was it (either its original or Amtrak number)? Do you have any photos? Where is it located? Is it still on its trucks?<p>I would be interested in any info you could provide. You may email me directly at Molly4006@aol.com. Thank you for your time.

Museum of Transportation
Molly4006@aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 1999 1:46 am 

Dear Molly from St. Louis:<p>My father is sending me information on the depot. I will forward this to you when I get it.<p>Donna Hudson<br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 1999 1:49 am 

Molly:<p>My father is sending me information about the depot that I will forward you as soon as I can.<p>Donna Hudson<br>