It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what did you do this weekend?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 1999 4:34 am 

as i write this on sunday night, i've spent 2 nice days beating, er, coaxing, er, working on a 75-year-old three truck shay; installed some newly recalbrated gauges, installed some grease fittings on the wrist pins; helped install a new wrist pin; did some finish work on 2 lineshaft brasses; installed same and put in a lineshaft and coupling ring, and got the third truck ready for its new brasses and lineshaft installaition; there's still some grease under my fingernails, but what a pleasant time spring is when all of these things are coming together; <br> spring is a great time when the engines all come back togehter! hope everybody else had same fun i did; what did you do this weekend?<br>

Wrinnbo@aol.com

Post subject: Re: what did you do this weekend?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 1999 5:49 am 

serviced two cross compound aircomressors. Lapped the valves, checked the lift and cleaned carbon from the valve cages. Skiing may have been fun but this was too.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 1999 7:22 am 

Same thing we do every weekend, Pinky: attempt to take over the world! Er, make that attempt to come up with some new Briefs. However, refresher training for trainmen at the Walkersville Southern starts up in two more weeks...<br>

eledbetter@rypn.org

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 1999 8:54 am 

Used the nice weather to pull one of our PCC cars outside to work on. Then spent all day Saturday trying to work out the glitches in the ATC in a Chicago El car. Got close, but no cigar yet. Did enjoy the warm & sunny day, tho.

East Troy Electric Railroad
jftrolley@aol.com