It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gomaco Birney completed for Tampa
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 1999 2:32 am 

Gomaco Trolley in Iowa has completed the first double-truck Birney replica for the Tampa, Florida heritage trolley line. They have pictures on their site of the bright yellow trolley and the dedication ceremony in Tampa. This one might even beat Kenosha into operation first.

Tampa Birney

Post subject: Re: Gomaco Birney completed for Tampa
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 1999 7:16 pm 

Not likely for Tampa to beat Kenosha. I talked to one of the engineers the other day and he said Kenosha is expecting a May 1 startup date, whereas I don't believe Tampa has laid any rail yet - just working on the trackbed last I heard.<p>The last time I talked to the director of the Tampa transit system, she was worried that, with the delivery of the Gomaco cars soon to begin, she would have more streetcars than track!<br>

andy@gacon.com

Post subject: Re: Gomaco Birney completed for Tampa
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 1999 7:42 pm 

I guess you're right, it's just that the little yellow car got me excited.<br>Was in Kenosha last week, all the trackwork is done, but no wire up yet. The cars are still being worked on in Iowa. Most here are speculating that July might be start-up time.

East Troy Electric Railroad
jftrolley@aol.com