It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Shop!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 1999 9:35 am 

New news for any fans of the Pacific Locomotive Association's Niles Canyon Railway out of Sunol, CA. <br>We have just completed our "new" enclosed backshop building. This building used to be Kaiser Rock Co loading tipple. Throughout the 1990's about 60' of the upper structure has been removed leaving only about 40' of the original 100'structure. <br>The backshop is currently housing Quincy Railroad Company #2 (ALCo 2-6-2T, 1924) which is operational and Robert Dollar Company #3 (ALCo 2-6-2T, 1927) which is currently undergoing restoration. <br>The new backshop is the first of 3 buildings which will become the railroad's restoration shops. Until the locomotive shed is built, the #2 & #3 will live in the Backshop. Eventually a wheel/carshop will also be built.<p>Johanthon Kruger<br>Steam Department<br>Niles Canyon Railway<p><br>

jkruger504@aol.com

Post subject: Re: New Shop!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 1999 12:31 am 

I was out to your fine railroad 5 years ago and was treated to a cab ride for your inspection run over the line. You had started using the building then as a storage place for tools and have made much progress. your Treasurer at the time told me that you burn recycled oil in your engines which you got for $.10/gal. delivered Is this still the case and could you tell me what sort of agreement s hade to be made with the state or is all the paperwork up to the oil suplier? We at Mid-Continent have been burning #4 in toe Saginaw #2 but pay about $.85/gal. <br>I plan to see you next time I get out, perhaps next year.<br>Dave<br>

fwantz@pressenter.com