It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bowing 4-7-4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 1999 2:04 am 

The posting on the "Bowing 4-7-4" was fascinating. Imagine a huge fleet of these behemoths running on aviation fuel and on railroads made up entirely of left-handed curves. Their magnificence boggles the mind!<p>Best Regards,<br>Glenn Christensen<p>PS - I forgot - what's today's date?<br>

christenseng@altavista.com

Post subject: Re: Bowing 4-7-4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 1999 9:02 am 

It might be mentioned that webmaster Kading designs commercial airplane parts for a living....<br>

ryarger1@nycap.rr.com

Post subject: Re: Bowing 4-7-4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 1999 2:13 pm 

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... that explains it ...<p>Too many jet fumes.<p>Grins,<br>Glenn<br>

christenseng@altavista.com

Post subject: Budd Conestoga
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 12:55 pm 

Thanks for posting the item about the Budd airplane. I am pleased to know that one still exists. I presume this is the WWII Budd cargo plane, perhaps the only airplane ever to be manufactured out of steel and produced in any numbers. Of course, it was shotwelded corrugated stainless. I think there were 30 or 40 of them, looking a lot like the "flying boxcars" of the late 1940's, only smaller and even more ungainly.<p>Aarne Frobom<br>Michigan State Trust for Railway Preservation, Inc.<br>

froboma@mdot.state.mi.us

Post subject: Re: Budd Conestoga
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 11:15 pm 

Yes it is a Conestoga and looks like a "Flying Boxcar." Only the fuselage remains of the Budd aircraft at the museum near Tucson, not much else. Most other aircraft at the museum are much more intact.<br><br>