It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grandpa's locomotive (RI 0-4-0T)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 1999 2:42 pm 

a nice article by Bob on the old photo and stories of his Grandfather's locomotive. I was the President of the PSRMA when the swap was made for the two passenger cars. At that time, we had no facility to operate steam locomotives, and very little reason to believe the we could restore her to operating condition. When we got the offer to get her to a good home for future operations (Jamestown), we jumped at it. While we really didn't need to wooden coaches from Arkansas, we also didn't need at locomotive from the midwest. After all these years, it didn't work out well for either group. The RI locomotive rusts at Jamestiwn, while the Arkansas coaches have taken up much needed covered storage space at Campo over the years. Who knows what the future will bring for either the TWO coaches or the locomotive. I know that neither one belongs on the west coast - but - is there a good home for any of the three historic pieces?<br>

lundquist@sdrm.org

Post subject: wooden coach
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 1999 3:11 am 

Historic Railroad Shops in Savannah would like to interpret the Jim Crow era in wooden cars but none of the cars from our predecessor railroads exist. We would be pleased to begin talking about acquiring the wooden Jim Crow. Have included funds for the purpose in proposed FY 2001 budget. <p>Dave<br>

lathro19@idt.net

Post subject: Re: wooden coach
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 1999 11:48 pm 

while I can not speak for the Museum anymore, historically, the San Diego Railroad Museum has always support a reationalization of museum collections placing equipment where it belongs and at good homes. Fell free to e-mail me for maore discussions.<p>lundquist@sdrm@org<br>

lundquist@sdrm.org