It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question for Mr. Ron Goldfeder
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 1999 7:39 pm 

<P>I saw your reply to the Daniel Nelson thread, and though I would ask about two engines at your museum. How is the DL&W 952 coming along? My own personal opinion about this engine doesn't matter, I just want to know what progress is being made. Is the intention to restore it to its pre bastardized O&S condition? Also, how is SP 4460 doing? I was hoping to see a pic on the website or in the TRAINS article, but no such luck I guess.<br>Thank You!<br>~Josshua <br>

jblay@mail.odyssey.net

Post subject: #952 and #4460
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 1999 9:55 pm 

<P>DL&W #952 is part way through what is expected to be a three year cosmetic restoration to its appearance when last in regular service. The inaccurate wood cab installed by the railroad has been removed and a new steel one built to the original plans is being made. Meanwhile the boiler jacket is being repaired/replaced as needed and all appliances are being cleaned up and repainted. The tender tank will be removed to allow the rotten wood deck under it to be replaced. The tank will be repaired as needed before being replaced. Please don't ask me when it will be done as the loco will then make a liar out of me. To date things have gone well, but there is a long way to go.<p>#4460 is not due for any serious work at the moment. Some touch up painting has been done in the last year and the glass number plate from the smokebox door that was stolen (again, the originals went years ago folks) was replaced. A guy on the west coast found the steam pressure data plate that was stolen off the backhead before we got the loco and returned it to us. It was found in a yard sale! I wish more fans were so well motivated.<br>

rdgoldfede@aol.com

Post subject: Re: #952 and #4460
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 5:09 am 

<P>Thank you!<br>