It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Net gains in preservation
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 1999 5:30 pm 

<P>I have to say, that the few years I had the Ahead of the Torch website going, it made a difference. There are a couple of projects going on now that AOTT helped make the connection for parts and research.<p>It may not be much, but it felt good.<p>All I wanted to do was plug the dam after L&RP went out. With Bob here at RYPN, I feel like our community has never, ever had more ability to freely converse.<p>Good for RYPN for ruffling feathers. Good for all of you who speak with preservation, interpretation and education on your tounges.<p>We'll measure the difference in a decade or so. Right now, it is too new and we are too close to see anything that's as dramatic as large-scale change.<p>Our community is richer for RYPN and its kin, I ahve no doubt.<p>Rob Davis<br>

inlinebob@aol.com

Post subject: Re: Net gains in preservation
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 1999 1:01 am 

<P>I became involved more as a railfan when a co-worker shared his three subscriptions to rail magazines: Trains; Pacific RailNews; and Railfan and Railroad. I saw the ads for LPRy magazine and should have signed up. I'm sorry I didn't now. But I'm glad to have someplace to get involved - even if now in my life it's more as a spectator. When my daughters get raised, my wife (who is a watercolor artist) has repeatedly told me "Let's go, you can work on the trains and I'd be happy to paint them. Thanks to this webpage, that dream remains alive for both of us. Thanks, Bob. <br>