It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SERM'S 30th Bash
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 1999 6:40 am 

<P>So, how was the party? Is Malcolm still with us or is he waking up in 750's firebox now wondering, "Where am I?"<p>Whatever took place, I hate I missed it! <br> <br>My best to all the gang in Hotlanta! <br>

Wrinnbo@aol.com

Post subject: Re: SERM'S 30th Bash
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 1999 4:17 pm 

<P>Hey Jim, how's it going?<p>You know, we thought you guys had run out of publicity stunts until we saw you were having a 6900 Day. Okay okay, it's not a bad idea.<p>I think we had about 1,150 guests over the weekend for the 30th anniversary. That's not many for your place, but it sure fills up our parkinglot fast.<p>The lining bar gang was a big hit, we sold lots of burgers, and a lot of folks stopped by the ice cream cart and the frozen lemonade cart. (Temp was around 95 degrees or so and there weren't many clouds.)<p>NS loaned us a GP38 and a Dash 9 for the weekend. The GE unit was parked up in front of building two where it sort of loomed over GA PWR 97. We had a constant mob inside the cab. NS really came through for us. <p>Before, during and after the weekend there were times that I thought hiding in a firebox somewhere might be the smartest move I could make, especially if I had a six pack of that weird beer we were drinking at your place several years back. Never can remember what that was called, "Staggering Rooster Beer," or something like that.<p>Nice to see that the CTC Express is making a stop at both Spencer and SRM this fall as it winds down the year. We will have it October 28 and 29 with school tours on the 27th. Between now and then, I think I need some extra rest or some additional medication. <p>--Malcolm<p><br>

collections@srmduluth.org

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 1999 8:14 am 

<P>sounds like a good time was had by all! <p>congrats! <p>i'm truly jealous too; NS didn't send an engine to Rail Days this year; they musta been saving up for y'all! <p><br>

Wrinnbo@aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 1999 10:48 am 

<P>NS wanted plenty of time to wash and repair that locomotive, so there wasn't time for a raildays field trip for it.<br>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 1999 11:19 am 

<P>Heck, we cudda done that. I was in the aerosol paint section of K-mart just the week before the event! <br>

Wrinnbo@aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 1999 5:47 pm 

<P>>> Heck, we cudda done that. I was in the aerosol paint section of K-mart just the week before the event! <<<p>If we'd only known. . .<br>